• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Laid Up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
I took a fall from a ladder Tuesday night and ended up in the ER. I was media blasting the stain off of our log house and thought I was on the 3rd step when I was really on the 4th step.
Nothing was broke, just pulled muscles and bruises.

Making me crazy. Hubby is out cutting hay and baling it. Normally I would be in the feed truck picking bales and hauling them to the stack yard.
A good bump and the pain shoots me through the roof and the meds I was given I cannot drive, they make me more loopy then I already am. :wink:

Might just get our son to start picking bales, he normally runs the rake, but I guess not this year.
He's going to get a pretty big paycheck this fall for all the work he has done.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. There are dangers by not showing up to work like that..... They could need you and get frustrated and be miserable etc.... or conversely they might find out they don't need you and then you become redundant to the operation. Both could be bad. :?

keep us posted on your recovery, ILH.....til then, rest/ice/ibuprofen and being waited on hand and foot!! :wink:

Feeling better. Still some pains in my ribs and my right shoulder blade.
No longer taking the prescription pain pills. Taking Bayer PM so I can sleep all night.

Hubby said no more ladders for me. Got a bid of $5500.00 to have the house media blasted to get the stain off.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Feeling better. Still some pains in my ribs and my right shoulder blade.
No longer taking the prescription pain pills. Taking Bayer PM so I can sleep all night.

Hubby said no more ladders for me. Got a bid of $5500.00 to have the house media blasted to get the stain off.
Does the stain company take any responsibility?

No per they are not. They are blaming us for it peeling off.
Waiting to hear from the store we bought it from.
Benjamin Moore is being dropped by Ace Hardware in Great Falls due to all the complaints about it.

They are giving me the run around Mike.

Only thing that they have said is bring in the unused stain and clear coat and they would refund the $759 we spent on the stain and clearcoat.
That won't touch the media blasting cost.

Found out that our small claims courts limitation has been increased to $7000.

Waiting for a response to the letter I sent the store. BM does not have a representative here in Montana so I cannot go after them.

Latest posts