• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

LARGE Scrotal?????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
I had a heifer calve tonight she had a bull calf.His scrotal sack hangs down about 6 inches and looks to have one LARGE testicle about the size of a lemon anyone seen this before should I cut him??

Is the whole sack full? Can you feel two testicles? If so are they loose? Could be its herniated, if it is you won't want to cut him. I think I would start with a small cut, you should be able to tell if there is stuff in there you don't want to deal with. :wink:
I had one the other day that had his intestines come out his naval. Yuck.

Silver said:
Is the whole sack full? Can you feel two testicles? If so are they loose? Could be its herniated, if it is you won't want to cut him. I think I would start with a small cut, you should be able to tell if there is stuff in there you don't want to deal with. :wink:

I checked it this morning it seems to be 1 large testicle.I will talk to the vet tommorrow looks to me like I can just cut him but I could'nt feel a second nut

Anyone want a LARGE scrotal bull?? HA HA

Denny said:
Silver said:

I checked it this morning it seems to be 1 large testicle.I will talk to the vet tommorrow looks to me like I can just cut him but I could'nt feel a second nut

Anyone want a LARGE scrotal bull?? HA HA

He sounds like that New Oriental Breed that Haymaker got. the" ONEHUNG LOWS"

GEEZZZe Denny I thought your precious Angus never had any problems. Maybe your calf is a numnuts like you.

let's not call names! somrtimes this forum reminds me of my 2 kids, 16 and 13, geez, talk about let's bicker about what color the sky is!!!

anyway, i'd like to hear what the vet says, but it sounds to me like one testicle descended (sp?), and you definitely want to cut him (why breed that?), but he might end up staggy. who cares if you sell calves??

I for one am kinda curious what you found in there. Any news?

Silver said:
I for one am kinda curious what you found in there. Any news?

I have to take him into the vet at 10:30 tomorrow.We'll see what it is and will fill you in then.

just got home from the vet with the calf.We just cut him he had one nut the size of a lemon and one the size of a grape.The vein going to the large one was the size of a finger and the vet tied it off to keep from bleeding.The small nut was way up inside and took some digging to get at it.

Forget it Mike, that cannot be a farmer, can it? Maybe the farmers daughter :evil:

hey,MLA, i guess you're just WAY ahead of me: what did your post re: peeing into the pool off the diving board MEAN?

i'm serious, i don't get it, and it struck me as kinda mean because of that. should i laugh? and why? i'm usually ptretty on top of smart-aleck remarks, but you got by me there.

oh well, ol' dopy me.... :roll:

farmer2005 said:
:D Band the calf it will be less stressfull

You would have never got the second nut with a band as it was tucked way up high.

Knife cut them all that way your 100% sure they are done....

Latest posts