• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Largest Food Price Spike In 26 Years

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this. Hopefully this is okay.

Hidden In The PPI Data Was The Largest Food Price Spike In 26 Years

Food prices are volatile, but this move can't be ignored given its historical significance:

Econompic:

Excluding often-volatile food and energy prices, the core PPI increased 0.1% in March and is up 0.9% compared with a year earlier. The big story in the March PPI was wholesale food prices, which rose 2.4%, matching the biggest gain in 26 years. Prices of fresh and dried vegetables soared 49.3%, the most in 16 years.

The PPI breakdown courtesy of Econompic below.

chart.png

And at the same time we're looking at the highest cull cow, bull, feeder calf, and fat beef prices since the record prices in 2003 when the border was closed... They told me that over 2000+ lb cull bulls sold this morning for $83- near $2000 a piece....

I watched old herniated no teeth cows sell with a calf at side for $800+...

If you were actually a producer Hypocrit (instead of a Canadian Anarchist rabble rouser trying to promote US Anarchy) - you would be happy to see some of this money coming back to where it belonged- the US cattleman...

Oldtimer said:
And at the same time we're looking at the highest cull cow, bull, feeder calf, and fat beef prices since the record prices in 2003 when the border was closed... They told me that over 2000+ lb cull bulls sold this morning for $83- near $2000 a piece....

If you were actually a producer Hypocrit (instead of a Canadian Anarchist rabble rouser trying to promote US Anarchy) - you would be happy to see some of this money coming back to where it belonged- the US cattleman...

more conspiracy theories?

freakinoutbeaker.gif

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

freakinoutbeaker.gif

Glad to see you finally got the balls to post your picture Hypocrit :roll: :wink: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe someday you will come out of the closet enough to back your posts up enough by saying who you are- where you live- and why you hate the world so bad you would like to bring on anarchy.....

Dick Britzman
Lazy Bar B Ranch
Glasgow Montana 59230

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

freakinoutbeaker.gif

Glad to see you finally got the balls to post your picture Hypocrit :roll: :wink: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe someday you will come out of the closet enough to back your posts up enough by saying who you are- where you live- and why you hate the world so bad you would like to bring on anarchy.....

Dick Britzman
Lazy Bar B Ranch
Glasgow Montana 59230

trinita.gif

OT wrote:

What makes him an anarchist? :lol: :lol:

What is remarkable about the food price spikes, they don't show up in the CPI. They now use blind substitution, so like if beef prices double while chicken stays about the same, they just take beef out of the market bundle of goods. It's a lie, but it's the government. Ok so what happens if the economy grows at the obamariffic rate of 1% and inflation was quoted at .5%? Right, after adjusting for inflation, the economy had a net expansion rate of .5%. What this means is we've been in a perpetual recession, and everyone is lying about it. Don't look for the times or cbs to out the lie either.

OT Aren'tyou making yourself look a little selfish, think about it. There are people out there who are unemployed, those with low income, and those who live on a limited fixed income who have a hard time putting food on the table for their family.The high prices are not there to give the producer the prices he deserves, but because of inflation. The Obama dollar just doesn't buy as much. It is just paper and ink. with the secretary's signature stamped on with a rubber stamp. We need to bring the true value back to the dollar,

Latest posts