• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Last night in Sobey's

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Spanish Johhny

Reaction score
where the deer and the antelope play AB CA
Ok, so I'm in the grocery store again and always cruise the meat aisle. Great big sign boasting their meat is certified humanely raised. ( don't get me wrong, I think any animal should be humanely raised and I do my best to practice that here at our ranch...), However, Right next to the meat case is a 25 gallon tank of putrid salt water with about 20 living lobster in it which I calculate are about 3000 miles from their natural habitat, with elastic bands around their claws. Then I thought about how they will be cooked. Plunged alive into boiling water.
I dunno, just makes me think about hypocrisy, marketing, perception, wisdom and ignorance. I love lobster too. Maybe I'm part of the problem...........

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
I attended the AGM of the Canadian Roundtable on Sustainable Beef CSRB. Most of what they are asking for is standard practice on most ranches. We just don't document and verify like we Could. Wonder if they would pay me the cost plus to do the paper work?

I don't know a single producer in animal agriculture that doesn't take pride and responsibility in their care of animals. A minuscule minority may be irresponsible, and the free market tends to correct that situation. What I really fear is "common sense" regulations enforced by a vegan lunatic, and I don't think that fear is unfounded.

I see the uspca airing TV commercials showing pathetic companion and meat animals, and I know their intent is ultimately removing animal protein from our diet - involuntarily. I think the NCba and rcalf better make nice because the "meat is murder" threat is easily our most unreasonable threat.

Latest posts