• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

(Late) 2011 show lamb from Little H'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Computer was down but the camera still worked. Better late than never i guess. Little H' showed 2 lambs, her's and her little brother's, who is too young to be in 4H. We had no idea what the heck we were doing as we haven't had a sheep on the place unless it was a chop! But we bought 2 lambs and jumped on into the sheep business. If your gonna be a sheepherder, ya got'a have a sign. :lol:
DSC00517.jpg

Pre-show jitters were not to be found. Mostly giggles and laughing. Two cousins and two lambs. Mine is the one on the left. Those two youngsters worked with their lambs every day. They had them dead broke and sweet as a sheep gets.
DSC00531.jpg

Line em' up girls!
DSC00534.jpg

Make sure ya watch the judge gals. He was from Montana and did a good job.
DSC00568.jpg

Sheep judge sorting and shifting. Little H' went back for Grand Champion with one lamb (Her brother's) and ended up 12th while the other was 31st out'a 210 lambs.
DSC00586.jpg

Setting him up.
DSC00580.jpg

For a clueless sheep raising rookie, i was one proud dad!
DSC00573.jpg

That lil' gal is a fine stockwoman. She is smart and pretty and can do anything. Thankfully, all those attributes were thrown by her mother who happens to have tremendous EPDs in all those areas!
DSC00552.jpg

Cousin Ashley did great too. Her lamb wasnt as finished and got a red ribbon. But at the sale the next day, she was quite happy when she got a $650 check for her efforts! A nieghboring rancher bought her lamb and he is a gem!
DSC00562.jpg

We don't raise calves and lambs and hogs folks, we try to raise good, kind, decent, hardworking kids. Ribbons are just gravy! Proud of ya Sis!!!!!! :D
DSC00588.jpg

Great job! Back in the day I never showed anything but red ribbon steers! the ribbon is far from the most important piece of this puzzle! Lots more too be learned and looks like your doin a great job teachin! Maybe we road trip out to your county fair cause I see lots of smiles! The way it should be! Round here too many people with too much money have taken the fun out of it! :mad:

Looks like a great time was had by all. :D

The kids did a fantastic job with their sheep. :D :D

In the third picture down is that kid in blue arguing with the judge? :wink: :lol: :lol:

H, you and the Mrs. are building a strong work ethic and building lots of memories with your youngsters... If America had more strong family units like yours, the world would be a much better place.

Well done at Leanin' H Livestock. :tiphat: :clap:

What adventures you have allowed your kids to have!
And I really liked this remark you made:

"We don't raise calves and lambs and hogs folks, we try to raise good, kind, decent, hardworking kids."

That is as it should be.

Our grocery manager has a neat sign inside his office. It says
"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give."

Kinda sounds like your outfit, H.

High 5 to you and Mrs. H!!!

Latest posts