• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Late April 2015

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
IMG_1219_zpskxzklmnx.jpg

Sparky and half of his twins
IMG_1222_zpseybylyv1.jpg

Sunflower and Peach at a cousin's wedding
IMG_1225_zpsohovyrqw.jpg

But Dad, the sun is in our eyes.
IMG_1226_zpsqqueeyvq.jpg

Sunflower and the Kosmo Kid
IMG_1231_zpshwqpud7y.jpg

Another pose
IMG_1233_zpsup56jnzg.jpg

Just a swanging'
IMG_1241_zpshiavtyc2.jpg

Peach
IMG_1244_zpshibla9m6.jpg

Greg Arendt from Valentine Livestock and Sunflower
IMG_1247_zpsda0zc2yv.jpg

She is explaining her movie production from a year ago in her art school in England. Greg was amazed that she did absolutely everything to make the whole 12 minute show happen, including over four thousand still photos to make the animation. Here is a link for anyone who is interested.
https://vimeo.com/92777342
IMG_1249_zpscbypqxsh.jpg

Fertility testing bulls
IMG_1252_zpsyqgaofsc.jpg

These fine folks found enough dud bulls to give the ranch some cash flow--both directions.

Things look like they are flowing fine at your place. If you need a road trip and a bull void to fill ours sell Sat May 9th at 11AM @Kist Livestock Mandan ND.

wow thats a impresive video how many hours to make? If I would do that it would take many years. Proubly be of a guy pulling a calf out of an angus cow. That almost never happens :wink:
Is it dry down there Soapweed? Wr are getting really dry supose to get a 1/2 inch the next couple days. That would help but if this weather pattern doesnt change it will be a long summer.

Sunflower and Kosmo certainly do look alike!
That's a great photo of Peach. I haven't looked at the video yet, but I will. What talent she has.
What talent all your kids have, Soapweed. Sorry about the bulls. Did they have any idea what happened
that they didn't test all that well? Be glad you had them tested. Buying bulls now, beats open cows next
fall. We had a bull we liked and when we had him tested the spring of his 2 year old year, he tested 75%.
We liked him enough that we kept him. Big mistake. The cows we had him with were 75% bred. No kidding.

Good luck at your sale, Denny.

Amazing video that Sunflower made! She must be very detail oriented to have it move so smoothly. I watched the whole thing, especially enjoyed the train ride and having tea, but cannot imagine the hours that must have taken her. I hope the teacher gave her A++ on it.
(Sorry this is so late, just catching up)

nonrancher said:
Amazing video that Sunflower made! She must be very detail oriented to have it move so smoothly. I watched the whole thing, especially enjoyed the train ride and having tea, but cannot imagine the hours that must have taken her. I hope the teacher gave her A++ on it.
(Sorry this is so late, just catching up)

Where you been?

On Holidays? :D :D

Hi nonrancher beef eater,

Great to hear from you. Sunflower did get a very good grade on her video. She even was presented a special award in recognition of effort above and beyond the requirements.

I will add my congratulations to Sunflower, and add that her wonderful smile brightens the day!

It is also great to hear from you, nonrancher, beef eater!

mrj

Latest posts