• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Late January 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Vaccinatingheifercalves800x600.jpg

Vaccinating "amost yearling" heifers
Givingthermapre-breedingshot800x600.jpg

Giving them a Bova-Shield Gold FP5 pre-breeding shot. It is recommended giving this vaccination 30 days prior to breeding, but it won't be
convenient for us to accomplish this at that time. All of these heifers will spend the rest of the winter at two other ranches, so doing this now
is a whole lot easier.
Archimedesinhotpursuit800x600.jpg

Archimedes in hot pursuit
Hesgaining800x600.jpg

He's gaining.
Ithinkhesgoingtomakeit800x600.jpg

I think he's going to make it.
Hedid800x600.jpg

He did. :roll:
Alltuckeredout800x600.jpg

All tuckered out
Itsaroughlife800x600.jpg

It's a rough life.
Dinosauralongtheroad800x600.jpg

Traveling in pre-historic times. There is a dinosaur along the highway.
Windshieldsunset800x600.jpg

Windshield sunset
BlackHillsinthedistance800x600.jpg

Black Hills in the distance
SupperatRedLobster800x600.jpg

Supper at Red Lobster
Sunflower800x600.jpg

Sunflower
AndPeach800x600.jpg

And Peach
Weattendedtheranchrodeo800x600.jpg

We attended the ranch rodeo at the Stock Show.
Horseraceinprogress800x600.jpg

Horse race in progress
Ropemugandtie800x600.jpg

Rope, mug, and tie
Broncridersinaction800x600.jpg

Bronc riders in action, two at a time. Then other team members had to catch the bronc and get the saddle off. I'm just glad to be an observer and not a participant.
Waitingfortruckstowarmup800x600.jpg

Waiting for trucks to warm up. The drivers were returning from Burwell, so left their trucks at our ranch until the next morning. I loaned
them a pickup to go home. This saved more than sixty miles of dead-heading with the trucks, which had a positive impact on my future
trucking bill. :)
Pesteringhispooch600x800.jpg

Kosmo pestering Archimedes
Truckdrivers800x600.jpg

A couple of friends who drive the big rigs
Theloaderupperlad800x600.jpg

The loader-upper lad, highly competent at his profession
Peach800x600.jpg

Peach, my wonderful wife and ranching partner who is always in the right place at the right time to keep things on track.

Thanks for the photos Soapweed. The experts say there is no problem vaccinating outside of the 30 days but we try to maintain that time frame also.

Doesn't hurt to be an outfit ahead of time occaisonally. :wink:

"I'm just glad to be an observer and not a participant."

Funny how ones mind changes. I agree, those broncs are fun to "watch."

Justin said:
what was Archimedes in hot pursuit of, or was he not even sure? :wink:

Archimedes heard a "sound" in the barn and simply had to investigate. Come to think of it, he does everything "simply," because he is a very simple dog. :wink:

Jinglebob said:
I must have missed it, when did you take up coon hunting?

Archimedes is the prize possession of the Kosmo Kid. Not sure if the dog is an investment, or merely an expenditure. The Kosmo Kid is into dogs and trading exotic chickens. He has just as much fun doing that as I have had trading horses, and the stakes aren't nearly as high. :wink:

At least the dog provides entertainment for you :) . All is looking great, and it's nice you got away for a little fun.

I'm going to vaccinate these heifers early as well, so then I don't have to worry about fishing them back out of the cows to be worked again. Are you giving it twice? I realize they've had the viral, but was wondering about the vibrio/lepto (unless I'm thinking of a different product than you're what you're using).

Soapweed said:
Justin said:

Archimedes heard a "sound" in the barn and simply had to investigate. Come to think of it, he does everything "simply," because he is a very simple dog. :wink:

Jinglebob said:

Archimedes is the prize possession of the Kosmo Kid. Not sure if the dog is an investment, or merely an expenditure. The Kosmo Kid is into dogs and trading exotic chickens. He has just as much fun doing that as I have had trading horses, and the stakes aren't nearly as high. :wink:
Perhaps we should call kosmo, hound dog? :D

Hey, it beats the heck out of Chicken George! :shock:

WyomingRancher said:
At least the dog provides entertainment for you :) . All is looking great, and it's nice you got away for a little fun.

I'm going to vaccinate these heifers early as well, so then I don't have to worry about fishing them back out of the cows to be worked again. Are you giving it twice? I realize they've had the viral, but was wondering about the vibrio/lepto (unless I'm thinking of a different product than you're what you're using).

We are just giving the vaccination once. Hopefully the vibrio/lepto will work, even though now is too early to expect it to work optimumly. We will be using either virgin yearling bulls, or two-year-old bulls that were used last year only on yearling heifers.

Jinglebob said:
Soapweed said:
Justin said:

Jinglebob said:

Perhaps we should call kosmo, hound dog? :D

Hey, it beats the heck out of Chicken George! :shock:

He does like his hound dog. :wink:

Latest posts