• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Late July, 2010

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Coolingtheirheelsonahotday.jpg

Cooling their heels in the hot summertime
InmyyoungerdaysIhelpedloadcattleoutofhere.jpg

In my younger days I helped load cattle out of this corral.
Theyactuallyworkedquitewellatthetime.jpg

It actually worked quite well at the time.
Gettingcattleintovaccinatesickcalves.jpg

Getting cattle in to vaccinate sick calves
Portablepanelssetupinthepasture.jpg

Portable panels in the pasture
Apickupandtrailermakesagoodwing.jpg

A pickup and trailer makes a good wing.
Allsetupandreadytogo.jpg

All set up and ready to go
Wearingchapsonahotdayforkalfkickprotection.jpg

Wearing chaps on a hot day for kickin' kalf protection
Calvestovaccinate.jpg

Calves to vaccinate
Cowswaitingfortheirbabies.jpg

Cows waiting for their babies
Vaccinatorandsecretary.jpg

Vaccinator and secretary
Hardworkers.jpg

Hard working ladies
TwogunSally.jpg

Two-gun Sally
Theset-upinallitssplendor.jpg

The set-up in all its splendor
Fromthefront.jpg

From the front
Thecrewisstillhappyonahotday.jpg

Even though it's a very hot day, the crew still seems happy.
Loadingupwhenthejobisdone.jpg

Loading up when the job is done
Mobilizedandreadtomove.jpg

Mobilized and ready to travel

Soap... What are ya giving your sick calves?? My horse trimmer man said that he helped doctor some sick calves for a friend.. so you ain't the lone ranger on this one.... He was saying that it was all the wet weather... Yes??

Good looking setup Soap, looks to be pretty handy. What is wrong with the calves?

I have had the same situation this week also Soapweed, Had to run the one pasture through, Used the same set-up with panels as you. Had some good neighbors we recruited tohelp us. The vet thinks I probably have some cows that are carriers. I used 10cc Baytril 100, and 5 cc of Banimine on the real sick ones and they all got 10cc of Pro LA 300, plus a shot of vibra-shield 6 and a pasturella booster. We brought 3 calves back from the brink of death with this, Now three days later the whole bunch looks alot better.

Hate to see you have to doctor sick calves, but doing the bunch like that is better than losing some of them. We rarely have sick calves this time of year unless it's hot, dry and dusty. The we can get dust pneumonia. We vaccinate the calves with Pyramid 4 with Presponse to get the pasturella at branding. I think it helps get through this time of year without problems. Since I have already sold my calves on Superior as all natural having to give them antibiotics now would make a mess of my marketing.

Kind shows that it wouldn't be quite as handy to run cattle with out portable corral on your place or mine.

Sure enjoy the pictures. :D

We gave the sickest ones 4 cc of Draxxin, and the rest 15 cc of Biomycin, besides a preventative pasteurella shot of Once PMH. This is the worst year we've ever had, by far, for summer sickness. We gave a preventative shot for pasteurella at branding time, and I am now wondering if it did more harm than good. :?

You missed a good show at Cheyenne, but looks like you got your calves done. We ended up taking our grandsons, and really had a great time.

Latest posts