• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

lateline - billionaire warns

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Be careful what you wish for...

Why robots could soon replace fast food workers demanding higher minimum wage

http://mynorthwest.com/920/2312665/Why-robots-could-soon-replace-fast-food-workers-demanding-higher-minimum-wage

If the left was sincere about raising the min. wage, they would not advocate for unrestricted immigration numbers

Simple supply/demand. Increase number of low skilled workers...drive down wages of those low skilled jobs.

It has been mentioned before, but...

Alberta has the lowest min. wage in Canada, but the highest avg. wage. (besides the territories, I believe)

Why?

:agree:

http://conservativehideout.com/2014/08/24/obama-to-issue-executive-order-granting-work-visas-to-nearly-one-million-illegals/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Technology is so very different now, and people are much more technically savvy today than they used to be.

That being said, I managed the roll-out of a test project for Burger King in the Atlanta area about 20 years ago that was testing touch screen ordering by the restaurant customers. It was a disaster.

Customers tied up the touch screens for excessive amounts of time trying to decide what they wanted and how to order it. They couldn't customize the products that they ordered, so they complained to the fulfillment employees when they paid for and picked up their orders. The fulfillment people than had to take the product back and were not allowed to fix the problem, they were required to throw the product away and make new product like the customer wanted.

People were abusive of the touch screens, often sliming the screens with unrecognizable semi-liquid stuff that seemed like bio-hazardous material.

The technology was also subject to failure and a couple of the restaurants suffered from rats eating through the signal cables that attached the terminals to the servers.

But that was a long time ago. Maybe it will work now.

Tom in TN

I have used the touch screens at Subway, seemed to speed the process up. There were aisles set up, leading to 4 or 5 touch screens. You ordered, got a number and they called your number when ready.

we have a local convenience store that has had touch screens for some time now for the subs..

it works well,.. quick, easy.. and very seldom wrong.

as for fast food not using them.

It isn't always the screen,.. but instead a combination of bad programing and poor comprehension.. but with pictures I am sure they can get rid of the kid who can't count change..

just like we got used to bar-codes and the pricing issues..

Latest posts