• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Latest news from Iran

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
:lol:
March 02 2005 at 01:11PM

Tehran - An Iranian woman is attempting to set a legal precedent by divorcing her husband because he has not showered for more than a year, a press report said on Wednesday.

The 36-year-old woman, only identified as Mina, reportedly told a Tehran court her husband Reza smells so bad that even his children will not go near him.

"Everybody is making fun of us. We cannot go to any parties. I feel so ashamed," the woman told the divorce court, according to the governmental Iran newspaper.

Iranian women wishing to divorce can only demand one if they can prove their husband has met strict criteria - including being impotent, abusive, a drug addict, in jail, unable to provide for the family or living away from home for more than six months.

Being smelly is not included in the list of marriage infractions, although a legal expert contacted explained that Mina could argue that the stink had caused her to hate her husband so much she can no longer live with him - something that is recognised as a valid justification.

-----------------------------------------------
Grounds enough for me! I say let her walk!

Latest posts