• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Laura Bush Speaks Out

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
I think they should make the speech mandatory, with no involvment from parents.

Parents are over-rated, they shouldn't even express an opinion about obama speaking to their children.

reader (the Second) said:
Do you really think so?

I never complained about my children meeting or hearing politicians at their local schools. I don't even remember being asked for permission. I remember one time parents were invited to a session with a politician in the auditorium. It would not have mattered to me if it were GHW Bush or GWB or any of the local representatives, as long as they were duly elected officials. I'm not scared of my children being brain washed by someone they hear for 5 minutes one day in a decade.

Yep-- its normal around here for the Governor to give the commencement speech to at least several High School graduations... A couple years ago it was a HS in our county....No body ever peed and moaned about it- and last I knew Governors were politicians...

Oldtimer said:
Do you really think so?

I never complained about my children meeting or hearing politicians at their local schools. I don't even remember being asked for permission. I remember one time parents were invited to a session with a politician in the auditorium. It would not have mattered to me if it were GHW Bush or GWB or any of the local representatives, as long as they were duly elected officials. I'm not scared of my children being brain washed by someone they hear for 5 minutes one day in a decade.

Yep-- its normal around here for the Governor to give the commencement speech to at least several High School graduations... A couple years ago it was a HS in our county....No body ever peed and moaned about it- and last I knew Governors were politicians...

Were there questions concerning "What can you do to help" to be asked after any of those politicians spoke?

For the entire 8 years, and more so the last 4, Laura made GW look good. GW lucked out when he found Laura....I've admire that woman greatly. Always have...

Alice

alice said:
For the entire 8 years, and more so the last 4, Laura made GW look good. GW lucked out when he found Laura....I've admire that woman greatly. Always have...

Alice

Just wondering, but... is she a better judge of character now, or when she married George?

hypocritexposer said:
alice said:

Alice

Just wondering, but... is she a better judge of character now, or when she married George?

What's it to you?

alice said:
hypocritexposer said:
alice said:

Alice

What's it to you?

this is how you have a discussion Alice. Is that not what you are here for?

hypocritexposer said:
alice said:
hypocritexposer said:

What's it to you?

this is how you have a discussion Alice. Is that not what you are here for?

I won't say she's a better judge of character now...I think she has always been a good judge of character. I think that now, and the last 4 years of GW's term, Laura feels freer to speak her mind...and I respect what she has to say.

Alice

Sandhusker said:
She said that George was a very good President. Do you respect that as well?

Do I believe that...no. Do I understand why she said it...yes.

Alice

I have a feeling that by the time the current POTUS is finished George Bush will look like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ghandi, and Louis Pasteur all rolled into one neat package.

Just my opinion, and I could be wrong. I just don't think I am.

3waycross said:
I have a feeling that by the time the current POTUS is finished George Bush will look like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ghandi, and Louis Pasteur all rolled into one neat package.

I think that's a pretty sure bet.

Remember the uproar about Obama speaking at Notre Dame? The mere fact that a large number of americans want nothing to do with obama having an unsupervised chat with our impressionable youth, speaks volumes. It shows me this country is becoming very divided. There has always been division in the country but never to this degree. Our elected president deemed by many not responsible enough to speak to our children-wow.
I hope I am just a worry wort, but I feel there is a time bomb ticking. Rather Obama gets his agenda through or he is stopped, one side or the other might just do something silly. We already see citizens literally biting fingers off of other citizens already. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse....

Oldtimer said:
Do you really think so?

Yep, and the school year was over, so teachers weren't worrying about teaching minutes!!! I'd really love to hear from one of those graduating seniors and his/her memories of the Govenor's speech--I think 90% of the govenors speak at selected graduations, just as other members of state government do---again...nice try at a dig, but for me the school year was out and I would have met my contents and standards by then--I'd tell them to "speak away"

Oldtimer said:
Do you really think so?

Just how much of the speech was politcal??
Or was it motivational?????

A retired State Supreme Court Justice gave a commencement address at my grandsons graduation.
Not once was the justice system brought up NOT ONCE! It was a motivational speech, BIG BIGT difference!
Your argument falls short again oldtimer!
EH?

3waycross said:

It all depends on who writes the history books. Think of Lincoln. He was elected with less than 40% of the vote. He allowed the Dakota Sioux to be ethnically cleansed on his watch etc etc.

backhoeboogie said:
3waycross said:

It all depends on who writes the history books. Think of Lincoln. He was elected with less than 40% of the vote. He allowed the Dakota Sioux to be ethnically cleansed on his watch etc etc.

There was a special on US text books on TV the other night and from what they said I doubt you will ever read anything good about the right or Bush. The liberal left seem to have taken control of the text book industry and cleansed them to show their bias opinions (hell with the facts when it comes to text books) .

An example, when they asked kids whether or not Christopher Columbus deserved a holiday in his honor, the answer was no. He does not deserve a holiday in his honor in the country he DISCOVERED. :shock: WHY because the text books the kids are using show a bias picture that is not too nice to the man.

If the teachers are using these text books and not complaining about the liberal bias in them, what hope do the students have of coming out of school with a clear NON-BIAS picture of the world they live in. :roll:

Tam said:
backhoeboogie said:
3waycross said:

There was a special on US text books on TV the other night and from what they said I doubt you will ever read anything good about the right or Bush. The liberal left seem to have taken control of the text book industry and cleansed them to show their bias opinions (hell with the facts when it comes to text books) .

An example, when they asked kids whether or not Christopher Columbus deserved a holiday in his honor, the answer was no. He does not deserve a holiday in his honor in the country he DISCOVERED. :shock: WHY because the text books the kids are using show a bias picture that is not too nice to the man.

If the teachers are using these text books and not complaining about the liberal bias in them, what hope do the students have of coming out of school with a clear NON-BIAS picture of the world they live in. :roll:

The worst of it is - that is only part of the equation. Those who teach in the public system do not have a very good chance of promotion if they do not subscribe to and promote the dominate politically correct agenda.

Professors know that until they have enough tenure, they had better keep their personal values private unless they embrace mainstream liberal thinking.

That is why one will sometimes be shocked to discover that a long-term academic will pull what appears to be a complete about face on his or her views - they never dared express their views until they were firmly established in their positions.

It is not without reason that the education system predominantly wears the label of "liberal".

Someone asked if a degree in liberal arts could truly be called an education. I took them seriously.

Latest posts