• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Leaving today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
I am leaving to take horses west and won't be here for a few days. Now, all of you behave while I'm gone or I will have to punish you when I get back! :lol:

Big Muddy, you quit pickin' on Haymaker, and all of you fellers be polite to the girls while I am gone! Or I'll sick Tam on you! :eek: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and keep track of anything interesting that might come up while I'm gone. I'll expect a full report when I get back! :lol:

OK I'm back!

Got the colts delivered and got a new horse that ought to make a stud.

Drivers in California are pretty crazy. We almost died in Sacramento when the cars ahead of us slammed on their brakes at 65 mph. Good thing there wasn't any one in the carpooling lane! I jumped left and missed a car by about 1 1/2 inches! California drivers suck!

You guys pm me with all the good dirt that I missed! :lol:

I wholeheartedly agree about California drivers! We hit L.A. during rushhour, I was a raving lunatic by the time we found a hotel room. Them idiots all pile onto the freeways and sit in traffic jams, traffic starts moving and they put their foots to the floor, drive like hell for 500 feet, and then slam on the brakes! Continuously! I hated rushhour in Saskatoon till we had to drive in that, now to me it's a picnic. There's no place like home!

Shelly you sure done a good job of describing La traffic. When I was driving truck I spent quite a bit of time there and sort of got used to it. It was a lot easier for me to drive there than in Seattle, Denver, Chicago or Newark. The thing that bothered me about La was that sometimes the company I was driving for would send me down into south central La to pickup high value loads. In the area it seemed most of the windows had bars on them, there were stripped cars sitting around, lots of young guys that didn't seem to have anything to do. Got fuel at a truck stop there where the cashier sat behind a bullet proof glass about an inch thick. I was warned that it was a bad place to be and talked to a couple of drivers that had lived in that area. They said long about dark you sometimes needed to duck and run for cover cause the bullets start flying.

Latest posts