• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

LEO's and Military

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
I get tired of LEO's try to put themselves in the same group as military. I am sorry but if you are LEO you are not in the same class as Military

as a retired military,.. I am very proud of our military..

but I also feel that those who serve.. should be "honored" and that service to country isn't limited to the military..

many "serve with honor",.. at many levels.. pastors, police, fireman,.. civil servants,..

it is about putting ones' duty above ones' self..

police many times have to put themselves in the line of fire..

if you put "ALL" our troops on an equal footing,.. it is not fair.. as some did little and some did more then asked.

not all military served with honor,.. not all served much beyond a desk,, and few actually saw combat compared to those who served and saw combat..

would I put myself on the same level as a close friend who was a combat medic in fallujah, not only no, but hell no..

but a police officer who stood up to a gang of bikers such as in Waco Texas.. did more in that one moment to serve his community then most service members did in their entire career..

while I have been shot at,.. it wasn't the same.. it wasn't combat.. I was just lucky the guy was not a great shooter..
( and even if he hit me, I doubt I would have been entitled to a purple heart.. )

We should give "ALL" those who served no matter what how or where,

because when called to duty they would have stepped up.. be it a house fire, or stopping a thugs.. or even sitting at a desk

take for example a Pastor I know who is a good friend and a person I would turn to in a troubled time..

our (larger) church has all but disowned him.. and his congregation has shown they will stand with him..

in his car he has a bullet proof vest,... and some other tactical hear.. he is a volunteer police Chaplin..

he goes when called willingly and is always ready to step up. to him everyone needs someone to listen to and everyone is someone we should try to save...

I respect and honor him just as I do my friend who served in fallujah , not for what he has done,.. but for what he is willing to do..

I put it pretty simple the LE are not the same as military even though they might be in danger.

If you conssider the LE enforcement on the same level as military would that not be the same as miltary walking the streets enforcing laws

There is one retired by the voters LEO whose idea of "stepping up" was to hide with the barmaids at the old watering hole.

He deserves something, but respect isn't it.

Larry, yes militarization of law enforcement accomplishes the result the founders feared, a standing army. No matter the name.

Latest posts