• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Let Freedom Ring

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
I haven't posted on this forum before, but I guess this is the place to vent. My husband owns 2 ARs( they are suppose to be combat rifles) he uses his for coyote and prarie dog hunting. There is a heated debate over them right now and it is just crazy. To the point that no one can have their own opinion anymore. Don't we live in America, isn't this the Land of the Free, aren't we intitled to freedom of speech, no matter how stupid it may be????? I get so sick of people burning eachother at the stake because they don't agree. God made all of us with our own minds, likes and dislikes that is what makes me me and you you. We as a nation are drifting towards a time when we can't have our own opinion,or will be to afraid to voice it. Anyway thats just my two cents I believe in God, Freedom of speech and the Right to Bear Arms. Burn me at the stake if you want.

I think you'll find yourself in good company here in Political Bull. Most of us in here believe in the same things you do. For sure the God and guns part. Sometimes we have to gag the liberals, though. :lol:

Texan said:
I think you'll find yourself in good company here in Political Bull. Most of us in here believe in the same things you do. For sure the God and guns part. Sometimes we have to gag the liberals, though. :lol:
It's usually the liberals making me gag. Where's PT's puking emoticon?

1.gif

That's it. Several Nonothing, CattleRMe, Kravinlunatic, Dis, etc. posts make me want to scratch my eyes out. I hate what they (or the logic they subscribe to) are doing to America. If they get their way, it'll be land of the fee and home of the slave.

Heel Fly:
but I guess this is the place to vent. My husband owns 2 ARs( they are suppose to be combat rifles) he uses his for coyote and prairie dog hunting. There is a heated debate over them right now

A lot of good hunting rifles also make good combat rifles, and vice versa...some of the same attributes contribute to what the liberals are scared of

With that in mind sometimes appearance does more then functionality...I own a Ruger Mini 14 that was an excellent deer rifle.

But what made it good, also made it a target for the anti-gun crowd..and when I moved to NJ, I found it was listed as a banned gun....so now it is still in South Dakota..

Ironically every picture I saw of it when someone discussed why it should be banned, it had the military style stock and modified sights..thus making it look more menacing....and most liberals were surprised when I defended the gun...heck my petite wife from Scotland has only shot one gun in her life and it was the Ruger....but all they see is their nightmare image of a machine gun....

So the best thing to do with any guns is get a good high quality wood stock, and scope...first they are more functional,and better looking.....and second they won't scare the liberals into pissing themselves.

it is not the Gun, nor the use,... it is the image it projects in their feeble mind that scares them.

Heel Fly said:
I haven't posted on this forum before, but I guess this is the place to vent. My husband owns 2 ARs( they are suppose to be combat rifles) he uses his for coyote and prarie dog hunting. There is a heated debate over them right now and it is just crazy. To the point that no one can have their own opinion anymore. Don't we live in America, isn't this the Land of the Free, aren't we intitled to freedom of speech, no matter how stupid it may be????? I get so sick of people burning eachother at the stake because they don't agree. God made all of us with our own minds, likes and dislikes that is what makes me me and you you. We as a nation are drifting towards a time when we can't have our own opinion,or will be to afraid to voice it. Anyway thats just my two cents I believe in God, Freedom of speech and the Right to Bear Arms. Burn me at the stake if you want.

I don't know why your husband needs AR's. A 22 and 243 seems to work fine for me. The reason I quit contributing to the NRA was their relentless pursuit for assault weapons. I LOVE my guns but I think the NRA is wasting time pushing for guns that the average sportsman doesn't use. FYI the average sportsman doesn't use AR's to kill prarie dogs and if he does he has way to much money.

I don't know why your husband needs AR's. A 22 and 243 seems to work fine for me
FYI the average sportsman doesn't use AR's to kill prarie dogs and if he does he has way to much money.
Perfect lib response.......they know what is best for everyone.
I'm here to hep ya

Work Hard and Study Hard said:
I don't know why your husband needs AR's. A 22 and 243 seems to work fine for me. The reason I quit contributing to the NRA was their relentless pursuit for assault weapons. I LOVE my guns but I think the NRA is wasting time pushing for guns that the average sportsman doesn't use. FYI the average sportsman doesn't use AR's to kill prarie dogs and if he does he has way to much money.

depending on the defination AR can stand for automatic repeating rifle, or assualt rifle,
depending on mfg. can be purchase in .308 cal,9mm, 5.56mm,.45acp,6.8 50bmc,and the popular.223 which would make it an excellent varmit caliber, scoped correctly it could easily reach out and touch one of those prarie dogs at 400 ++ yrds very nicely!!
expensive yes they can be, sweet to shoot yes, i would only reccomend a reloader buy one because you can burn up a lot of lead in a short time :D :D :D
as far as what sportsmen use for killing varmits i know one person that uses a 45.70 bit of overkill yes but if he enjoys it big deal.
why criticize someone's choice of weapons for any use, hunting, varmit shooting or just plain target shooting?
i personally use a 22.250 for varmit, and my carry weapon is a .357 mag,

He has the 223 auto rpeat. My husband isn't the avg. He is all out balls to the walls hunter. He stalks prarie dogs with his bow for fun. Saying that the avg. hunter doesn't need an AR is like saying that the avg. man doesn't need a sportscar or a hot wife. Sure you can live without them, but having them makes life a little more fun :D :D :D

heelfly
you need to remember that too often the un informed far too often open mouth insert foot.
and one of the statements directed at you by whsh was just that un informed, as is his reasons for dropping out of the NRA.
the un informed have a tendency to only hear what they want to hear not what is being said :roll:

Work Hard and Study Hard said:
Heel Fly said:

I do not care if an AR15 is good for hunting or not. I have other guns that are for hunting. My AR15 is for two purposes, fun to shoot targets with and incase I need to defend my family one day and shoot some people with it.

I keep guns for different purpose

Browning A-5 ------- for Quail
Marlin Lever action 410 --------for Snakes
Ruger 10-22--------------for plinking
Remington 700 7mg---------for Deer
Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag --------for Playing Cowboys and Indians
Browning 425 Over under -----------for Shooting Skeet
Ithaca 16 gauge short pump---------for shooting in the house Burglars
Bushmaster AR15------------for people that threaten family and country

Nothing wrong with having guns with the sole purpose you might need them to kill people with. Who and Why you killed them will be the decider on rather you committed a crime not which gun you chose to do it with. :roll:

Frankk said:
Aplusmnt what gun to you keep for the boogieman
personally i am going to buy an AR chambered for that 50 cal, should be able to tan the boogiemans butt at 800 yds scoped out right,

So let me ask you a question. Nothing hard or tricky.

What is your plan if the boogeyman breaks into your house at midnight and wants to steal your TV and taake advantage of your wife?
Remember he might have a gun so you better act fastor you might not get a second chance.

If you answer nothing.......I pity your family.
If you answer call the cops..........I pity your family, the cops probably won't be there in time.
If you answer shoot them...........exactly the same as many of us(now it doesn't really make any difference what we use, just that we stopped them right?

Aplus, along with my hunting rifles, I used to own an FN .762 military style rifle, with the automatic option blocked so as to make it legal.
When the terrorist attacks on farms and missions began in my area in 1975, I had permission to have the pin removed, so as to have an effective defence weapon, we went from never locking our doors and windows, to living behind security fences, and carrying loaded weapons in a period of 18 months! things can change faster than people realise.

While I don't see the point of me personally owning an AR or AK style weapon that doesn't mean I don't think others should be able to have one if they truely want one.. I messed around with on when I was out west, a budy had one and it was kind of fun but not my cup of tea in the long run.. If I actually wanted to go semi auto I would probably just get a Springfield since they are right down the road from me, you know, support the local econmy and stuff..

Have plenty of guns on the place and a lot of big ol dogs to warn me of trouble coming... Chances of soemthing happening out here are pretty remote to be honest but you just never know.. Probably more chance of getting run over by a combine.

Latest posts