• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Let me get this straight....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
Canada is shipping more boxed beef tonnage into the US now than before the border closing.
We have lost 6000+ Packing house jobs because we are not able to process those live catle that come down here to be processed.

We have no control over the procedure used to handle the cattle that the Canadians are shipping down here in the box.( I am NOT saying the Canadian procedures are not safe!!!!!!)
We inspect all of these boxed shipments upon coming into the US?? ( How is this done ?)

So keeping the border closed does not limit the amount of Canadian Beef coming into this country.
So keeping the border closed makes the BEEF SUPPLY in the US 100% safe??????????????
So keeping the border closed is good for jobs in this country?????
So keeping the border closed enables Canada to increase Meat production capacity.
So a handful of OLD COWS in Canada have been detected with BSE may reduce the size of the Meat Industry in the USA.........,
So we refuse to test for BSE we have lost our export market to Japan....
So we downsize the beef cattle industry so fewer of our young people have less opportunities in the Ag Industry in the USA....
My advice to young people in this country wanting to enter the Beef Cattle Industry......learn to speak CANADIAN!!!!! :roll:
Have a great weekend!

CattleCo said:
My advice to young people in this country wanting to enter the Beef Cattle Industry......learn to speak CANADIAN!!!!! :roll:

Nothing to it- Just learn EH and ABOOT :wink:

My advice to young people in this country wanting to enter the Beef Cattle Industry......learn to speak CANADIAN!!!!!

Maybe you should spell it 'Can 'EH' dian' and its a bit like pig latin, eh. Except the 'EH' comes behind every sentence instead of every word.

Rising Beef Prices Are Reaching 'Tipping Point'
U.S. Ag Secretary Mike Johanns outlined an alarming scenario of the beef industry's future at a BSE roundtable Thursday.
Citing estimates that choice beef prices will rise to an average of US$4.30 per pound this quarter ­ eclipsing the previous quarterly record of $4.19 per pound in 2004 ­ Johanns worried that consumers may turn from beef to more affordable protein choices. "I'm very [concerned] we're reaching a tipping point," he said.
USDA chief economist Keith Collins said that while resolving beef trade issues among the United States, Canada and Japan would have little immediate impact on U.S. beef prices, the news would help stabilize the U.S. market. "The uncertainty of the Canadian situation has been bidding up cattle prices," Collins said.

Latest posts