• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Let the fun begin!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I've been looking at B3R TENDER TEN R065 AAA 15327898 for the last few years and now that he has been more proven we may use him on some heifers...

http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/angus.asp?CodTouro=29AN1755

He fits the type we are looking for- comes from a long time program with a reputation for efficient maternal cattle- fits in well with some of the current N Bar/Rito 707 bloodlines we have while also adding some outcross genetics - and is pretty moderate across the boards for his numbers...

He has two places he has extremes in his EPD's- both plus's to my thinking for breeding heifers to... One is a +15 CED and -3.9 BW, and the second is his +34 Docility...

Cant count on ABS here so prolly not real interested in anything. Saw a good set of Chinook calves last Spring would have some use for him though.

how about CC&7 at a +53 on milk? :shock: :???:

a few that i'd like to try is Protege, HA Program and Rito 6EM3.

Justin said:

Justin, we have an HA Program son, and his calves are by far the best we have, the heifers are very feminie and the steers were really long and thick, most of the calves came easy, and they were pretty moderate to

Justin said:

CC&7 is very docile with negative backfat. Perhaps they missed putting him in the proper catalogue (Black and White).

RSL said:
Justin said:

CC&7 is very docile with negative backfat. Perhaps they missed putting him in the proper catalogue (Black and White).

perhaps :lol:

Justin said:
RSL said:
Justin said:

perhaps :lol:

Last I knew, they couldn't get any semen on him... Maybe he's a good out cross of some kind...

That's for the guy that has been breeding to the -25 bull for the last 30 years and can't figure out what happened to his weaning weight. Fix it in one generation.

Used HA Program two years in a row as well as Connealy Impression. Right now the Program calves are looking nice. We'll use him for the third year this spring. I've heard a lot of good about Impression cattle but would like to see more of those for myself.

In the ABS book I am intruiged a little bit with Upgrade, as far as black Angus sires. I saw some bull calves in August that were plenty thick and good. I'm told that they are a bit smaller framed. This doesn't bother me much since the cows that will receive the semen are not small. Will look at other sires closer as the time draws nearer. :wink:

Oldtimer said:
I've been looking at B3R TENDER TEN R065 AAA 15327898 for the last few years and now that he has been more proven we may use him on some heifers...

He fits the type we are looking for- comes from a long time program with a reputation for efficient maternal cattle- fits in well with some of the current N Bar/Rito 707 bloodlines we have while also adding some outcross genetics - and is pretty moderate across the boards for his numbers...

He has two places he has extremes in his EPD's- both plus's to my thinking for breeding heifers to... One is a +15 CED and -3.9 BW, and the second is his +34 Docility...

Speaking of the N bar---Siebel bought it, is he continuing on breeding program or busy putting on team ropings for fun? Tom Siebel--Siebel systems---bought the dearborn ranch by wolf creek---40,000+ acre place, runs about 2,000 cows--or used to. Think he cut back for the wildlife. Tickles me---somebody wrote a letter to the paper about "rich outa staters" and what do they contribute? He replied, with quite the long list, and said "and how about you?" Our ambulance people paid him a visit, he wrote a check for $10,000 and stuck another one in for the fire dept, while he was at it--and drops us a check in the mail every yr---Thanks, Tom!

littlejoe said:
Oldtimer said:

Speaking of the N bar---Siebel bought it, is he continuing on breeding program or busy putting on team ropings for fun? Tom Siebel--Siebel systems---bought the dearborn ranch by wolf creek---40,000+ acre place, runs about 2,000 cows--or used to. Think he cut back for the wildlife. Tickles me---somebody wrote a letter to the paper about "rich outa staters" and what do they contribute? He replied, with quite the long list, and said "and how about you?" Our ambulance people paid him a visit, he wrote a check for $10,000 and stuck another one in for the fire dept, while he was at it--and drops us a check in the mail every yr---Thanks, Tom!

This year old article says the N- is sold.
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/104758/20110125/silicon-valley-billionaire-tom-siebel-siebel-systems-oracle-executive-n-bar-ranch-national-register.htm

littlejoe said:
Oldtimer said:

Yep- He is one of the big money folks behind the Montana Meth program- and the Just Say No to Drugs education program... I can't remember how many millions $ he has put into that program...

I read somewhere that he had sold the ranch to a Texas outfit about a year ago or so.. I haven't heard what they are doing with the place...

Sinclair bought and are the ones now carrying on the old N Bar cattle genetics...Their herd is made up heavily of N Bar, Dale Davis, and Jorgenson genetics...One of the bulls I ran for a couple of years and have some daughters of just coming into production was a son of SINCLAIR RITO LEGACY 3R9 (a Rito 707 son)... He got wire cut and I had to sell him but i saved a son out of a real nice little Juanadamere cow of my sons that I am using- Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito 06X # 16741353...

Have you looked at some of the EN epd's on the Angus bulls in all the major studs-most are a longgggggggg ways in the minus I think Tender Ten is one of the few that are positive-I've got enough old semen sitting in my tanks to keep oor cows bred for alot of years. We hardly breed a black back black anyway. I'm probably going to collect that 60B bull I got at Fraser's he's out of cattle I know will work at my place. For what it's worth Tender Ten caught my eye in the ABS catalogue.

I have only seen one sire group by k205 and would have to say I was a little dissappointed. Not very thick muscled and a little on the hard doing side. Granted this was one group of bulls. Did not see any females by him so take this for what it is worth.

Latest posts