• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Let's have a photography contest...each Friday!!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Since we're all getting along so well and there is no need for "Fightless Friday" anymore, what do you say, let's try a photography contest?!

Each contestant can PM their pictures to me and I will post them for judging. The reason for this is so the pictures can be grouped for voting. We'll run it as a poll so everyone can vote. We can do this all week and the picture with the most votes wins. Maybe we should have the picture cut-off each Wednesday at 9 pm. Maybe we should have different catagories each week? hummmm?

WINS? What will the winner get? Well, the honor of having the "Best Photo of the Week on ranchers.net." That's a lot of prestige!!! :wink:

If anyone has any other ideas on what we should do, rule-wise, please post it. This could be great fun. (No dirty pictures, now!!!) We want it to be good, CLEAN fun! :wink: :nod:

Whadda say, Haymaker; Jersey Lilly; Alabama? I might need your help getting the pictures on the site...so I'll count on you for help...okay?

LET'S JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nod:

Sounds fun. I am a member of a msn photography group...they have a contest like once a month..winner gets sent some lil somethin..usually a picture frame or soemthin like that..but that's not necessary....also..if possible..we could have a voting page.....and post pictures annonomous(sp) pic 1 pic 2 pic 3 etc.... whatcha thank?

I think you girls are on the right track,and I will help any way I can................good luck

I think it could be fun, and the anonymous idea is what I was thinking, too, till after the voting is done. But.....you won't be getting pictures from me. No camera. :(

Shelley next time I'm down in your neck of the woods we'll do a photoshoot-oops of your cows-well you know what I mean lol. Might cost you a coffee ant the 'Nest' lol.

Shelly said:
I think it could be fun, and the anonymous idea is what I was thinking, too, till after the voting is done. But.....you won't be getting pictures from me. No camera. :(

If you have a regular camera maybe you could mail one to somebody who could scan it in for you, Shelly?

Anonymous concept is good idea.

OK. We'll do it anonymously. (How do we do that, again?)

How about we limit each week's contest to a different catagory, even though we may have to go back and start over since there are only so many catagories?

Limit the number of entries, too?

Should we do a different contest every week, or should we give 2 weeks time for each contest?

How do we do it anonymously again? :p

Give us your input, or forever hold your peace! :wink:

This group I belong to sets a theme for each contest. Such as....Christmas Card oriented photo, or....Fall colors, Summer Action, most times hers requires there to be a horse somewhere in the photo since it's a horse photography group. But it doesn't always hafta be.

Only 1 photo per person per contest.
We'll hafta email the photos to one person and have them post them for the contest on here since there's no way of doing it anonymously if you post it yourself. Unlimited Number of photos per contest since it's open to anyone.

Shelly yer gonna hafta put "Digital Camera" on yer christmas list!!! They are so much fun...

Shelly said:

Shelly, what kind do you want? The REAL JAKE, is going to buy me one, will put a word in for you too.

Oh yeah, I'd give it at least 2 weeks to get photos in. Set a deadline for when the last photo is excepted. Then get em posted, and have say a week for voting??? voting may just hafta be posts by members after all the photo's are posted. I dont know if a poll thingy would work with a bunch of photos.??

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Oh yeah, I'd give it at least 2 weeks to get photos in. Set a deadline for when the last photo is excepted. Then get em posted, and have say a week for voting??? voting may just hafta be posts by members after all the photo's are posted. I dont know if a poll thingy would work with a bunch of photos.??

You could number the photo's and list the numbers to vote on in the poll, vote for the top 4, then vote for the winner on another poll for the grand champion.

Or vote for all of them, and have a tie breaker voting if need be.
But the voting hasta be a post. cuz with the poll thingy one person could vote more than once and we'd never know.

Also just thought of somethin, pictures woudlnt hafta be emailed. Could be posted in a PM to whoever is gonna be in charge of that, and then that one person could repost them for all to see. That way it don't have to involve emailing.

Or vote for all of them, and have a tie breaker voting if need be.
But the voting hasta be a post. cuz with the poll thingy one person could vote more than once and we'd never know.

Are you saying there just might be some dishonest people on ranchers.net? :D :D

I think it oughta be weekly?one photo per contestant?photo has to be taken by the contestant?,and "PM ed" to faster horses no later than thur midnite so she can have enough time to post them. voting can start as soon as they are posted but you may want to hold your vote till the last minute till you see them all? I believe as faster horses posts the photos she can edit them so the contestants remain secret to everyone except her?But contestants should be able to title their photos?and I believe photos should be posted as faster horses gets time ?and or wait and post them all at once,maybe fri. morning,I think since faster horses is gracious enough to take on this task ,she will decide this.....................good luck PS just my 2cents anyone not agreeing or seeing a better way please come forward.

Once a week is fine too. I just thought that if it was two weeks, it'd give some of the people a lil time to get a picture in if they didnt have a digital camera.(developing that ole 35 mm) Especially if there's any themes.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
nah....just I might git excited n hit the button too many times ......ya know how us old folks git click happy lmao

Lilly I think these polls will only let you vote one time.have you got your photo "PMed" to faster horses yet,you might want to keep track of the weekly winners and have a monthly or anual contest?............good luck PS how much rain did you get.Oh if you post wrangler we will know its you LOL :D

How about a week to get them in, and starting Monday of the next week voting. That would give Faster Horses a whole week to get them posted and us a whole week to look at them before we vote. :???:

rancher said:
How about a week to get them in, and starting Monday of the next week voting. That would give Faster Horses a whole week to get them posted and us a whole week to look at them before we vote. :???:

Yup that's a couple good ideas I guess some of it will depend on how many will submit photo's and how much time faster horses will have to get them edited and posted...........good luck ps probably be able to figure it better after the first contest.

Latest posts