• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Let's Hope I get this right.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tap

Reaction score
I haven't posted pictures in quite a while. I hope I can get it done.

This one is for Oldtimer. You can see this hay has seen a few years go by. I hope it stays that way too. It is good insurance.

Tysfallpictures391.jpg

This cow is not hurting too badly either! Nothing but grass, water, and salt so far.

Tysfallpictures395.jpg

Here are several I took this morning.

Tysfallpictures387.jpg

Tysfallpictures388.jpg

Tysfallpictures393.jpg

Tysfallpictures394.jpg

Tysfallpictures399.jpg

Tysfallpictures400.jpg

From my perspective, this is one good looking replacement heifer calf.

Tysfallpictures401.jpg

This was taken at sunup this AM from just south of the house in the river basin.

Tysfallpictures402.jpg

And one last one from a "Sunday Drive".

Tysfallpictures378.jpg

It always amazes me how you can pile hay like that outside and it even last thru one year!!

Here...it would be a slimy pile of rotten goo , half the size it started out being!!!!

Thanks Tap-- that is the kind of haystacks I like- and when I start feeding thats what my girls are going to get is a lot of 2 and 3 year old hay- since I only had less than 200 bales of this years after all the hail got thru... But hopefully that won't be til Feb or so...

And that is the kind of cows I like- deep bodied old girls that can go out there and take care of themselves...And its nice to see them standing belly deep in grass....

Great pictures,especialy that white face heifer :) :)
A couple of questions about the team----are they quite young?Looks as though you have them tied together,also I see no backup strap on the neck yoke?

Everything looks to be taken care of horses,cows and your land Good Job..Thanks for the photo's

Tap...

Nice photos, as always. I sure agree with Soap, it's nice to have you, your posts, and photos back....and "stick around we need you."

You have about as much snow as we do!

I asked before your hiatus, where you got your light horse harness...mind sharing?

Christmas cheers to you and yours---

TTB :santa:

nenmrancher said:
Hey Tap,

Great photos, glad to see your back. Hope all is well with you and your family. Have a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

Troy

The same to you Troy. It is nice to hear from you too.

Juan said:
Great pictures,especialy that white face heifer :) :)
A couple of questions about the team----are they quite young?Looks as though you have them tied together,also I see no backup strap on the neck yoke?

These horses are 7 or possibly 8 years old. They are not related at all, and they both came from Canada as colts. We bought them 2 and a half years ago. I do not have them tied together, but I have used a short rope with snaps on it to tie their hind ends together when I am hooking them up myself. I can then take it off pretty easy when they are hooked up. These horses are still kind of green, but I hope to change that this winter. You are observant about the neck yoke. I am only pulling a very light wagon right now.

To answer TTB, this is regular work harness that we have had a long time. It does work, but I would like to get a lighter harness working that I bought with the horses.

kolanuraven said:
It always amazes me how you can pile hay like that outside and it even last thru one year!!

Here...it would be a slimy pile of rotten goo , half the size it started out being!!!!

Everything is relative Kola. I remember going through central Nebraska years ago, and seeing black looking haybales in a field. I mentioned to someone how they looked so melted down, and they said they were put up that year. :shock: I am not kidding you that a couple years ago I fed some hay that was put up in the mid eighties. It was definately melted down, but the cows sure ate it. If you are going to try and run on a grass based operation, old hay goes along with it. We NEVER feed hay just to get rid of it, as that would be akin to wasting money just because we had it. We do have to have hay on hand though, and old hay works in a pinch just the same as new hay.

We don't normally have a lot of humidity, and even when I think it was high, you would be real comfortable I am sure.

Tap said:
kolanuraven said:

Everything is relative Kola. I remember going through central Nebraska years ago, and seeing black looking haybales in a field. I mentioned to someone how they looked so melted down, and they said they were put up that year. :shock: I am not kidding you that a couple years ago I fed some hay that was put up in the mid eighties. It was definately melted down, but the cows sure ate it. If you are going to try and run on a grass based operation, old hay goes along with it. We NEVER feed hay just to get rid of it, as that would be akin to wasting money just because we had it. We do have to have hay on hand though, and old hay works in a pinch just the same as new hay.

We don't normally have a lot of humidity, and even when I think it was high, you would be real comfortable I am sure.[/quote]

Don't count on it!!! :lol: :lol:

One year I was at a near about neighbor of yours and he was complaining about how high the humidity was....I think it was about 35% or so.

I looked at him like he was crazy.....as I'm used to 70% to 90% most of the summers!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Great Pics.

Juan where do you see the team tied together?

Had problem with my moniter--crossover line looked as though it was a rope tied from one hame to the other. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Juan said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Great Pics.

Juan where do you see the team tied together?

Had problem with my moniter--crossover line looked as though it was a rope tied from one hame to the other. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh, I was just wondering cause if we have to tie a pair together it's usually back at the britchin. Not enough snow here to sleigh. :cry: Not really. :D
The cows are still in the hills.

Latest posts