• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

lets try this again

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sticks and strings said:
Big muddy rancher,
The handle is slang for Bow and Arrow
I am a major archery buff, can't get enough! :D
I have got my 8 year old son involved in it now.

Now I get it. My son in law is really into archery , we have a bear rug on our wall that he took at 12 yards with his bow. The rug measures about 8x8ft. Made the record books. He is flat on his back a week after back surgery but hoping to get back out with the bow soon. Our taxidermist takes his twin daughters out huinting lots. Everything from carp fish to geese and deer ect. One likes it alot more then the other. Good way to spend time with your son, not enough fathers do that anymore.

Faster horses said:
Hey, BMR. Is it cool up there? If so, would you like some visitors?

We are looking for some place out of this heat. :x

Yea real cool. :wink: Only 35 degrees. Cool if you don't do the math. Your welcome but the eats are slim right now cause Miss Tam is layed up with a cast on her foot. Real bad sprain. It's bad when i'm the best cook when the daughter is here but I did make some great beef ribs on the bar b que tonight. Your welcome anytime tho, I would like to show you my cows after a year on Vigortone. I have to get some new pictures to show how they look compared to last year.

BMR,
With my dad having a career in law enforcement my dad did very little hunting with me, he just didn't have time. I don't hold it against him or anything, he was just a man trying to make ends meet for his family. I taught my self the tricks of the trade as time went on and now I am trying to pass it on to Ethan my son.
My dad has since retired from law enforcement after 27 years and now we are trying to make up for lost time... we hunt toghether all of the time, just not archery it isn't his bag (a little to overweight and just plain lazy) :wink:
Any way I can't tell you how good it fells to pass something like that down to my son.
The times that we have had hunting and fishing will never be forgotten!
He is eight years old and he can't get enough of it!!!
Unfortunately he lost his 1 year old German Wirehair to a torn cartiage in his sholuder that he was working on training himself, and he was doing wonderful with him.
This fall the breeder said that he is going to breed his female again and hopefully have pups this winter,Ethan is thrilled! to say the least!
That is one thing that a child should never have to go through is the loss of their best friend.
He is sadly missed by the whole family, all three of us.

Sticks and Strings-what kind of bow are you shooting-my boy and I shoot Martin's as a good friend is the dealer here-hopefully will have some big deer pics to show you here in a month or so. Ty shot his first buck with a bow-most kids up here get a few with a rifle first.

I'll never forget my first dog; and I wasn't quite eight.
And my first 4-H gilt when I was nine; my point being it sounds a little like a rural upringing; maybe?

Well, BMR, we'll have to wait for cooler weather. Mr. FH won't get far from home when it is like this, unless it is to go someplace cool. He gets up wayyyyyyyyy early and gets things done so he is finished about noon. Holes up til evening. Haying is all done, just need to haul the bales in.

We have a camper, so we wouldn't invade your household anyway. :wink: Sorry to hear about Miss Tam's leg.

We'd like to bring our grandson up sometime to shoot gophers. He loves to shoot and he's a good shot. That would be right up his alley.

I'd :heart: to see your cattle. It is amazing when you can see the
results of something with the naked eye. What you are seeing, basically
is performance mirrored in haircoat.

Do post before and after pictures if you can.

Northern Rancher,
I shoot a "Hoyt Havoc", Easton Carbon arrows, tippped with Muzzy 3 blade broad heads. right around 300 ibo rated fps.
That is really good that your boy has killed a deer with a bow before taking one with a rifle! 8)

Big Muddy rancher said:
Your welcome but the eats are slim right now cause Miss Tam is layed up with a cast on her foot. Real bad sprain.

Knowing women I suppose thats your fault too- should have ducked when she kicked- eh? :wink: :lol:

WhitetailDoe003.jpg

Here's Ty with a nice doe he got first day-weve been using Montec G5's and easton carbons-Ty's bow is a Martin Sabre-and I inherited his Martin Jaguar-he has nicer toys than his Dad lol. You should bring your boy up for archery bear hunt in a few years-fish in the morning hunt bear in the afternoons lol.

Ohh Ty is a pretty good hunter already-saw a couple nice whities last night a big 4x4 with wrappy horns -he was mid 140's two years ago and a pig of a 6x4-they are only 3/8 mile from the house so will have fun chasing them lol. Just got my two littler girls to get hunting-Sara will start this year.

TysDeer010.jpg

Here's Ty's buck from last year-does your little guy like hunting gophers-that would be a fun safari for you guys up in Saskatchewan-give you a scouting trip with lots of shooting for the young guy. All you'd need is gas money-I like taking visitors hunting-we've got friends coming from B.C and Quiebec hunting deer this fall. Are you on reraltree.com-that's the deer that Ty won the youth contest with.

Latest posts