• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Letter to Independent Cattlemen of Nebraska

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I also agree with Soapweed and rancherfred on reasons to vote for the Republicans over the often new to politics 'alternate' choices seeming to be more conservative than the Republican candidate in many cases.

In SD this election we have Larry Pressler, a former Republican legislator in SD (and a very liberal one, IMO) who has lived in Washington DC for years, returning to 'save us from ourselves' by offering himself up as an alternate candidate running as an Independent for our formerly democrat Senate seat. Politicians being what they are, I'd guess there is a promise from someone or some group of something such as an ambassadorship or other political plum for him. He says he would be able to work with both sides. The strong Republican Pressler is opposing, Mr. Rounds is a long time businessman, with a family owned and operated insurance business. We ranchers who realize we either are, or darn well better be, businessmen need more people in government who know what it is to sign checks on the front! Yes, there has been a scandal floating over state government during Rounds last term as governor, and understanding a bit of his management style, I believe he is pretty much hands off when giving someone a job unless and until a problem is shown to need his attention. A problem is being investigated and I believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Some politicians apparently believe any hint of scandal is "too good to waste", paraphrasing a Democrat from higher up.
Being an insomniac, I hear quite a bit of Nebraska political rhetoric on radio, and also have family living in the state, so it is interesting. Some of it attempts to stop the KeystoneXL Pipeline which I sure would like to see built, so I sympathize with NE citizens.

I've also been reading "Obama's America" by Dinesh D'Souza, and it makes so much sense I fear the only way out of the mess Obama has made of our country is through prayer and voting for the strongest Republicans we can find. D'Souza is a brilliant man, very good at assessing personalities, IMO. He also has some of the same 'heroes' as I, especially Thomas Sowell, and maybe most importantly, he believes in the USA and fears our demise if Obama has his way. D'Souza delves deeply into Obama's own words to figure out why he wants to cut the USA down and raise up all cultures other than the white race. I strongly recommend D'Souza's books and movies as shedding light on what has been so well concealed about Obama. D'Souza has experienced the persecution meted out to those who fight Obama, yet he remains quite matter of fact and presents Obama almost as a pathetic personality attempting to 'please' his father by honoring his beliefs about race, colonialism, etc. Yet, if Obama succeeds, it will be extremely detrimental to people of good faith of all races, because Obama Sr., and Jr. are wrong in their assessment that colonialism is the cause of all political ills of people of color.

Lots of words trying to get my point across: I believe we need to elect the most conservative people we CAN, and work in the parties to bring forth people for office who support our unique form of government and will work to return us to Constitutional government.

mrj

Just joined tonight. Seen the thread. Thought for those not in Nebraska maybe some might find it interesting to hear the results.

ICON sent out fore mentioned letter. Sounds like they got a major responce in feed back. They determined not to endorce. Reasons were, (which I liked) if they don't endorce anybody then they are free to work with who ever is elected. Good move in my book.

In all honesty Im not a member of any lobbyist group. I will agree with one thing with one group, then disagree with the same group on another issue. ICON my not go with the flow of Nebraska Cattleman or NCBA, but does make for a system of "checks and ballences". My grip with ICON is being to close with Farmers Union after they crawled into bed with HSUS. I guess!

Interesting site.

Amo said:
Just joined tonight. Seen the thread. Thought for those not in Nebraska maybe some might find it interesting to hear the results.

ICON sent out fore mentioned letter. Sounds like they got a major responce in feed back. They determined not to endorce. Reasons were, (which I liked) if they don't endorce anybody then they are free to work with who ever is elected. Good move in my book.

In all honesty Im not a member of any lobbyist group. I will agree with one thing with one group, then disagree with the same group on another issue. ICON my not go with the flow of Nebraska Cattleman or NCBA, but does make for a system of "checks and ballences". My grip with ICON is being to close with Farmers Union after they crawled into bed with HSUS. I guess!

Interesting site.

Welcome aboard, You will have to check out ranch talk and political bull as well. :D :D

Thanks, been on here a little bit. Neighbor/friend is on here some....preg check train wreck is his thread.

Had a buddy wanting tractor info. I particapate in Red Power Magazine's forum and Allis Chalmers. Not exactly a neutral ground for JD info! So joined here and posted a thread.

Latest posts