• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Life on the FARM...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
Weaned calves in Feb., fed them hay until green grass. Gave them their 3rd set shots, banded any bulls we decided weren't very good, burnt horns & scurs, back-poured w/ Ivermectin (the lice are BAD this year), turned them out on pasture last Sunday. Little buggers won't stay where we put them, crawl through fence as if it doesn't exist, end up here, where there is no grass. Been chasin' them back to where they belong, turn around, they are right back here :x :evil: :evil: :x . I have 50 head in jail right now, will kick them back out tomorrow to where they belong, gee, won't take long for them to be right back here :evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :mad: I wish we could afford 8) new fence, that would make a diff. My daughter and I spent all day Saturday going around that fence, freezing our butts off (30 degrees, wind blowing at least 40 mph) and the little P H's have no respect!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Wish animals understood some things!!! :roll: 8) :!:

I hear ya, Hanta Yo!!! Sure hope your days start going better and the animals start behaving and playing by the rules :wink: :wink: best of luck to you!!
kris

my neighbor has the same problem...

He's always fixing fence also.

Sometimes new fence helps..

Have added alot of electric wire to existing fences in the calving and early pastures and still adding a hot wire for several more miles where we border neighbor's breeding pastures. Extra work earlier but way less work later, and the fences are staying tight. Can't describe the warm feeling you get when a fence crawling ***** gets 110v on the nose. :)
Or when a bunch of stupid yearlings try to do as you describe and beller and get set back on their butt when they touch the hot wire.

Latest posts