• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lil Hippo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
he hasn't been reporting in has he?
Thought we'd made all that quite clear to him :D
He's either buried under books or maybe the girls have discovered him :D

Dang. I feel so bad. 3 weeks probably since I been on here. nr. It's a bit of both. I will be going to S Texas next weekend to do some service. This hurricane has been bugging me too. I'll be back later today to look at the other post stuff. I have to get to lunch at the moment. But I am looking at playing my violin for a church here. I am eating too much I think, and I got a freshman (roughly) 15. But I am cutting back. Talk to y'all later. :)

Next ranchers get-together, bring that fiddle!
I'm thinking it ought to be hosted by all you Texans- how many are there of you on this site now: TX Tibbs, Casa Paloma, Lily,Haymaker and Lil Hippo. Missed any others? That's quite a group right there.

I'm afraid I don't know how to play by ear. I'd have to have music, but hey! Or I could learn before then. Someone offered to teach me to play by ear a couple of weeks ago.

Sierraman said:
I'm afraid I don't know how to play by ear. I'd have to have music, but hey! Or I could learn before then. Someone offered to teach me to play by ear a couple of weeks ago.

We've been interested watching our grandson (7) learn piano. He can play by ear and when he does he is very expressive BUT when he plays written music all the notes sound like they're being played by an elephant, heavy with NO expression whatsoever, and painful to listen to. The difference of something coming from the heart versus the mind we guess... :???: We're hoping things improve for his parents' sake lol!

Yeah, some people are just naturally able to play by ear. Its easier then to put expression into it, because they have less obligation to consider notes. The rest of us, must struggle to be expressive, although, playing by ear can be learned. I will have to do that.

Latest posts