• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lil Lilly's Weddin Shower....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well it's gettin close folks. Saturday was her weddin shower. She had a real nice one. Lots of friends and family came with gifts and well wishes for a happy life together with her feller. Here's a few pictures from the afternoon. They had it at the lil store/cafe in town where Lil Lilly works.

2011-05-07-028.jpg

2011-05-07-029.jpg

2011-05-07-039.jpg

2011-05-07-042.jpg

A rain guage!!! I sure hope it gets put to use soon!!!!
2011-05-07-043.jpg

Now...in less than two weeks she'll be all married up...and livin in their new house. She was all excited this mornin when she went down to the house to do some stuff.....she had electricity...finally!!!! She discovered that there was only one ceiling fan in the whole house that had bulbs in it. 3 of em LOL So she's off to Wally world to purchase light bulbs and cleanin supplies now.

Unbeliveable that she is getting married, when we watched her grow
up on this forum. How time flies!

I'm sure you will supply us with wedding pictures. :D
How far away from you will she live? And a new house, wow!

Was there any cake left? You could send us a piece...looks yummy!

How is your son doing, JL?

What a lovely young woman she has become and like Faster Horses said it all happened while we watched on here! Still - when did it happen?

Your daughter is getting married about 1 week before our son's wedding. It just kinda sneaks up on ya, doesn't it!

LOL FH...there was some cake left....it got dispursed among us. We got a to go box full. And it was really good. Made by an Aunt's sister.

Her house is just across the pasture from us. Can't see it from our house....but our water comes from the well at their house. Which was where Mr. Lilly's granny's house was located. so....800 ft haha I know this because we layed the water line to our house many years ago.

Son is doing great. Has a new job...cooking in a resturant. It's what he's always wanted to do.....not a 'chef' per say....but it's a step in the right direction for him. He's happy...so we are happy. :)

Burnt.....I've never been so busy in all my life. I wish I was "I dream of Jeannie" and could boingggggg and get all this stuff done. I am doin all the finger food and such myself....with help from family members and friends the night before. So that's one job Im not looking forward to. Uhgggg! But it'll be good food....and not cost us a fortune. Good luck to your kiddo gettin married. Hope he has a wonderful wedding...and many years of happiness.

Our daughters wedding was a family affair as well. Tam's sister did the wedding cake. Tam everything else and I did the meat. You can put on a pretty great feed and not break the bank.

Our son and his fiance are hiring it catered by a long-time acquaintance of ours who does it very well and does it for a reasonable price. They have both worked hard and are able to pay for it so why not?

They bought a house and took possession of it last week. On Saturday, 8 or 9 buddies and family came around and we put a new roof on it while a group of ladies, friends and family, came in and scrubbed the interior clean top to bottom. Now for a fresh color scheme and hopefully it will be ready to move into when they come back from the wedding trip (mid June)!

Lots of work to go with a kid moving out into his or her own place in the world but it's all good. :) Truly a joyful time of life!

Thank you for your best wishes. Here's to a great wedding day for lil Lilly and her man and to many years of happily married life!

Well! Congratulations to Lil Lilly!!

I too, like FH can hardly believe it. It was only yesterday you put pictures up of her as a little girl. The years just fly by if you let em.

She is a lovely young lady and from what we know, her groom is a very lucky young man. You are fortunate to have them so close.

The title could have been Lil Lilly's First Hen Party! :lol:

Best Wishes to the both young couples on their big days.

Now you're going to have to come up with a name for your new SIL Lilly. We can't be calling him Mr. Lil Lilly. :D

gcreekrch said:
Now you're going to have to come up with a name for your new SIL Lilly. We can't be calling him Mr. Lil Lilly. :D

Oh why not? Ahahahaha...oh ok...I'll hafta come up with somethin else. He's not lil .... he's a big strappin feller. Played football.....This may take me some time. Cuz I don't like the nickname that all her barrel racer friends attached to him. They call him Cuppy Cake.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
gcreekrch said:

Oh why not? Ahahahaha...oh ok...I'll hafta come up with somethin else. He's not lil .... he's a big strappin feller. Played football.....This may take me some time. Cuz I don't like the nickname that all her barrel racer friends attached to him. They call him Cuppy Cake.

Cuppy Cake works for me. :D :D :D

gcreekrch said:

If I was him I would prefer the Mr. Lil Lilly. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
gcreekrch said:

If I was him I would prefer the Mr. Lil Lilly. :wink:

I know!!!! I just Can't call him Cuppy Cake.....Mr Lilly calls him Jethro sometimes...hehehe

Congratulations to Lil Lilly and her lucky Cuppy Cake. It's been fun watching her grow up and turn into a such a fine young lady. Best wishes to the nearly newly-weds for a long, happy, healthy, and prosperous marriage. :)

I, TOO, AM STUNNED SPEECHLESS!! IS THIS NOT THE SAME "LITTLE GIRL" WE HAVE ALL WATCHED GROW UP??? EITHER TIME HAS REALLY FLOWN BY (AND I MISSED THE WHOLE DAMNED THING) OR I AM JUST GETTING REALLY OLD (AND HAVE MISSED THE WHOLE DAMNED THING!!) :wink: LILLY---SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! YOU HAVE DONE A FINE JOB, LADY!! :D

Thank you thank you.....time has flown by for me too. She's just grown up way too fast. I will say this...she has been a real joy to have as a daughter.....(except for the bridezilla moment's she's had, and I'm like...where'd that come from??? ) LOL I guess they all gotta have a few of those at one time or another....I think it's nerves and worrying that everything goes just so so.
Hoping this week I'll get some shots of her in her dress...pre wedding shots if we can find the time to go do that. And I'll post them. I'm really excited for her.

Congratulations to the young couple, they certainly do grow quickly, wishing them blessings and happiness into the future.
(Just need to auction my daughter off now!!)

andybob said:
Congratulations to the young couple, they certainly do grow quickly, wishing them blessings and happiness into the future.
(Just need to auction my daughter off now!!)[/quot

I have a 26 yr old son. :?

Maybe we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement. :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
andybob said:
(Just need to auction my daughter off now!!)[/quot

I have a 26 yr old son. :?

Maybe we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement. :D
We probably need a "Hitching Post" thread :lol:
Big Muddy, my 'baby' is 32 so possibly a little outside the age difference range?
I keep telling her to emigrate, she finds the Brit lads too 'wimpy' beside very few are commited christians so are a non starter, she is just finishing another degree (been a specialst surgery nurse since leaving the army).

Latest posts