• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lilly....I thought everything was BIGGER in Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well Yikes... We hear about bigguns but we are talking 70-90 pounders not ones big enough to swallow a person.. Don't know how much is old wives or sailors tales but I don't intend on finding out either..

IL Rancher,he wasn't saying they swallowed the people.

Catfish are "buzzards" of the water...they were picking at the dead bodies.

Kola, I know, read Azcowpunchers, he said big enough to swallow a man with his.. I have heard things like this from others too, just makes a fellow wonder.. And yeah, you would have one heck of a fight with any 60-100 poun fish.

kolanuraven said:
IL Rancher,he wasn't saying they swallowed the people.

Catfish are "buzzards" of the water...they were picking at the dead bodies.

Nothing like shrimp or crabs. Saw a guy who drowned pulled from the Bay in Panama City once. He was covered with them.

COMPLETELY COVERED!

I have stood on Hoover Dam and looked over the side. There's a parkin lot right next to the water at the bottom of the dam.....you can SEE the fish in the water, and they make the cars look like hot wheels size. Them fish in there are HUGEMONGOLIOUS!!!!!!!! NO WAY would I even stick my lil toe in that water!!!!

lOL...looks like the fish stories began. Lilly,salmon is one of the tastiest fish there is :!: Its a light sweet taste,pink meat.Its wierd you've never had salmon but then I've never eatin Catfish,I try everything ONCE,even Lutefisk..{GAGGGG}

Oh and Lilly the Salmon Ron is holding are just babies

:twisted:

Yeah i dont know that they would swallow a guy whole or not but i wouldnt wanna go down there and find out thats for sure . If i cant see the bottom i wont be in it anyway .

Lutefisk...another one of those Norwegian wonders!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ( where's the pukin' emoticon???)

Catfish is good if it is cleaned out good and out of clean water... If not... yuck.. Still, I would take wildcaught fresh salmon most anyday, practically lived on the stuff for a month while in Alaska.. Good tasting, especially if youfilet and start cooking within minuts of it hitting the shore... Been a while since I had some, maybe I will try some Lake Michigan Chinock (King Salmon) fishing this summer and steak a couple out.. Probably not...

OK you guys are way braver than I will ever be! It will be a very cold day in hamelton that I even am in the same room as Lutefisk... BLEECH.... I still think it was a joke, our captors tried to kill us using lye soaked fish...fooled them now didnt we :) Made us even stronger :)

kolanuraven said:
Lutefisk...another one of those Norwegian wonders!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ( where's the pukin' emoticon???)
Well I have to tell the truth..I didn't eat the Lutefisk,after severe congoling from my daughter in law,I put it in my mouth to eat,shiver,the consistency is like warm snot thats gone really reallly,REALLY bad...so I spit it out before I accidently swallowed it{wheres the pukin' emoticon}

Your right IL,Salmon good no matter what ,I like Arctic Char fresh...ohh sooo goood.

Just like me and green raisins! I just cant :) Little slimy boogers, eeeekkk. I disagree with both of you red snapper is the best, fried in garlic and butter and served with toast and eggs for breakfast.... THANKS ALOT you guys now I have to go eat again!!!!

Nope, Salmon dragged through some "cajun" seasonings and than blacked is about the best darn fish in the world.. ACtually, that describes the way I tend to like my fish period, that way I don't have to taste it :lol: :lol:Snapper the way you describe it is good although anyhting cooked in butter and garlic is..

Good fish is good period.. Problem is so many times the fish isn't as good as you would like it to be.. And to be honest, I would tend to coose a good ribeye or strip steak over fish any day...

Only salmon I've ever ate came outta a can. Made into Salmon Patties. Which are perdy good, if the right person cooks it (my mothers was great)

As for a Salmon Steak? no...thank you if I'm gonna eat a "Steak" it's gonna be Beef LOL

I'm real funny when it comes to eatin fish. I'll eat catfish till I grow gills if it's southern fried. I like bass if it is fillet'd with NO BONES! I've tried Crappie....those are iffy, cuz I'm always afraid of runnin across a bone. Rainbow trout is ok too if it's fried southern fried. LOL....

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Only salmon I've ever ate came outta a can. Made into Salmon Patties. Which are perdy good, if the right person cooks it (my mothers was great)

As for a Salmon Steak? no...thank you if I'm gonna eat a "Steak" it's gonna be Beef LOL

I'm real funny when it comes to eatin fish. I'll eat catfish till I grow gills if it's southern fried. I like bass if it is fillet'd with NO BONES! I've tried Crappie....those are iffy, cuz I'm always afraid of runnin across a bone. Rainbow trout is ok too if it's fried southern fried. LOL....
Well Lilly if you liked the salmon out of the can you would like fresh Salmon because canned salmon isn't really great.I love baked Salmon,real butter and lots of green onions down the middle,bake,not over baked...next to real good beef roast its one of my favs.Greg is so scared he'll get a bone but salmon done this way just pulls away from the bone.

It doesn't matter pond, or river raised catfish is #1 in my book. But I also like salmon, waleye, bluegill, crappie, bass, trout, and some I can't think of right now. Of course (angus) beef is really the best. :D

Those are some big salmon ron is holding. He must of caught them in Texas. I bet they would be good rolled in buttermilk and corn meal and fried. With some hush puppies.

Latest posts