• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

List of Terms I Love to Hate

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
Sometimes a term, catchword or phrase gets used so often that it begins to grate evrytime I hear it. Here are two to start the list. What are yours?

Numero uno - SOUND SCIENCE.

and right behind it - LEVEL PLAYING FIELD . . .

Got any favourites?

Nothing or anything anyone else on this planet suggests, supports a proven fact that BSE is infectious or transimissible through feed. GIVE ME a BREAK,ITS BEEN PROVEN 100 TIMES already.GO look it UP in GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Here is one of my favourite catch phrases......

"......at an alarming rate....."

It is usually used by liberal activist groups and others trying to scare people into donating to their cause.

Alarming???......to who? :???:
Rate?????.....This word is worthless unless it is quantified by a factual number or value. :shock:

Keep an eye or an ear out for "at an alarming rate". It speaks volumes about the real agenda of the folks who use it! :wink:

TimH said:
Here is one of my favourite catch phrases......

"......at an alarming rate....."

It is usually used by liberal activist groups and others trying to scare people into donating to their cause.

Alarming???......to who? :???:
Rate?????.....This word is worthless unless it is quantified by a factual number or value. :shock:

Keep an eye or an ear out for "at an alarming rate". It speaks volumes about the real agenda of the folks who use it! :wink:

That reminds me of minimum risk, speaks volumes for the agenda of people who use it, worthless unless qualified by a factual number or value.

BSE free; brings to mind when my youngest child can't find his pajamas. He assumes they no longer exist, and thinks maybe they never did. However, until he gets a little more mature and actually 'wants' to find them he probably won't.

Silver, like taking baths, when they are young you have to force them to take them. Then when they get older they want a bath twice a day, once before school and then one before bed. Seems like they think they get cooties or something at school or just like to make more washing for their mom. She fixed that, showed them how to do their own.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Sometimes a term, catchword or phrase gets used so often that it begins to grate evrytime I hear it.

1- "Civil" rights?
2- Playing the "Race Card"
3- Homophobic
4- Insurgents - they are really "Terrorists" and/or cowardly murderers
5- USA and "Democracy" - it is really a "Representative Republic"
6- Best available science
7- Affirmative Action

I guess mine belong on the political board.

No doubt! A minute turns into at least a half hour, and when they say an hour or so, it's more like all day!

For those who hate to hear "sound science".........would you prefer to bet your livlihood on "junk science" where BSE is concerned? Or on no science allowed?

Just curious.

MRJ

S.S.A.P. said:
Sorry, but in a less serious tone ...
When the husband says "Can you HELP ME FOR A MINUTE" :roll: :D

I'm with you on this one, no job ever takes a minute.

S.S.A.P. said:

S.S.A.P.,

I have a copy of a poem we found in the newspaper some years back and describes the situation quite well. I will post it in Coffee Shop because it's sooooooo good, don't want it to get lost here.

POLITICALLY CORRECT- Who the hell are these people to tell me that my view of the world is not politically correct.

TOLERANCE-These people who preach tolerance are alot of times just advocating immorality. I have to be tolerant of people on welfare who have nothing better to do than produce children like rabbits. I have to be tolerant of the flaming homosexuals with their funny hair, and their funny clothes and their sexual preferences. I have to be tolerant of these kids that want to pierce every piece of their body. Why can't these people just tow the line like the rest of us?

I'm towing the line to "sound science" and like Dr. Phil would say, "howz that working for ya!" It ain't. Have a good day all!

S.S.A.P. said:
==============
S.S.A.P.,

Get tuned...thats tough stuff.....we couldn't get it done without you!!!!!! :???: :D :eek: :shock: :? 8) :p :oops: :roll: :wink: :!:

SASH said:
POLITICALLY CORRECT- Who the hell are these people to tell me that my view of the world is not politically correct.

TOLERANCE-These people who preach tolerance are alot of times just advocating immorality. I have to be tolerant of people on welfare who have nothing better to do than produce children like rabbits. I have to be tolerant of the flaming homosexuals with their funny hair, and their funny clothes and their sexual preferences. I have to be tolerant of these kids that want to pierce every piece of their body. Why can't these people just tow the line like the rest of us?
=============
SASH,
How true! How about them being tolerant...that I reject their nonsense?

Latest posts