• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Little H's first turkey

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
We headed to southeastern Utah for a spring turkey hunt last weekend. Both Mrs. H and Little H had turkey tags so Littlest H and I became guides and away we went. It was fun!!! :D Weather was windy and cold but we sure had fun kicking around the woods on the Blue Mountains. Saw plenty of turkeys and finally got her lined up on one we called in on Monday morning.

In this day and age a cell phone is sure handy for calling grandpa's and grandma's to report success! :D Little H was floating along above the ground she was so excited. The rest of us were airborn as well. :wink:

We set up behind that old blow down pine after a 3 mile hike to get close enough to interest the turkeys. Managed to call a couple of 2 year olds back over the ridge to us. Almost had a double, but Mrs. H' let little H' shoot first and then kinda missed as her turkey got the heck out'a dodge. :wink: She did center-punch a pine tree nicely. :lol:

Littlest H' did a fine job of helping call, packing the decoys and celebrating his big sister's nice Rio Grande Tom. He is conviced we should start guiding full time and even offered to quit school after the 2nd grade to help run the company. :D He might be a fine turkey guide but he sure has trouble chewing these days. :wink:

Two lady hunters with a nice trophy to show for thier efforts. I couldnt be prouder of my girls and my little guy. They make life fun and always pretty interesting. Way to go ladies!!!!!! :D

We took a grundle of pictures and shared lots of hugs and even a few cowboy yells. :lol: She is a great young hunter with plenty of patience, energy, sharp eyes, safe gun handling skills and a sharp shooter to boot. The old 20 gauge only had to speak once at 37 and a half yards and that turkey went down like a bag of wet cement. Have a fine evening folks. Take every chance ya get to spend quality time with your families. They sure grow quick.

Congratulation's on a fine bird :!: have a neighbor lady who has shot 78 coyotes over the last 2 winter's with a mossberg 20 gauge turkey gun.

Good job all of you. TO the gals for the hunt, and you men for the guiding, and photography work. Now you just need to come here and kill lots of them!!!!

Thanks for posting the hunt 'H. Great to see families out enjoying nature.
If you weren't so far away we could swap hunts, my kids are about the same age.
We have a bear site we call "13". Because it's a good set-up for two stands the average age of the shooter is 13.

starvin'dog said:
Hayguy, that neighbor lady of yours must be pretty handy on a fast snowmobile.

NO snowmachine involved, she has quite a few sheep as bait and let's just say that she protect's them quite well day and not day :wink: :wink: NO spotlights involved,NO night vision scopes either

Latest posts