• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Livestock Auction Website

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cody-n-Nancy

Reaction score

We have it on our desktop. Shows schedule and "live" livestock auctions, and what's being paid, across the U.S.. We got it when we could no longer visit local Centennial Livestock Auction in Ft. Collins, due to the pandemic. That is about to change. We really, really enjoyed stopping by, after some breakfast at Waffle House down to the street, to watch livestock being sold. Took a look at it yesterday AM, when slaughter bulls were in the ring. I recognized one of the guys in the ring.

I have had an account on Cattle USA for years. You can also buy cattle using it. Works well if you can't get away to go to a sale a couple hundred miles away. Saves the travel time.

We have it on our desktop. Shows schedule and "live" livestock auctions, and what's being paid, across the U.S.. We got it when we could no longer visit local Centennial Livestock Auction in Ft. Collins, due to the pandemic. That is about to change. We really, really enjoyed stopping by, after some breakfast at Waffle House down to the street, to watch livestock being sold. Took a look at it yesterday AM, when slaughter bulls were in the ring. I recognized one of the guys in the ring.
Serious question Cody: what do you think we do for a living? We're the players, not the fans.

Serious question Cody: what do you think we do for a living? We're the players, not the fans.
So, with this question, I have to wonder, now, how many ranchers actually use a computer/internet? I know the few on this forum do, but that is very few, compared to all of the ranchers/farmers in America. I mean, having this website is nice, for those that actually use a computer.

My 1/2 brother hates computers and he is 76. He'd rather being using his hands for manual work, definitely not on a keyboard.

As for me, like buying a boat or vehicle, I'd have to see the livestock, before bidding/buying.

So, with this question, I have to wonder, now, how many ranchers actually use a computer/internet? I know the few on this forum do, but that is very few, compared to all of the ranchers/farmers in America. I mean, having this website is nice, for those that actually use a computer.

My 1/2 brother hates computers and he is 76. He'd rather being using his hands for manual work, definitely not on a keyboard.

As for me, like buying a boat or vehicle, I'd have to see the livestock, before bidding/buying.
🤣😂 Ranching is a lot different that buying a boat or a vehicle. You would be surprised at the amount of livestock bought AND sold on the internet. Look up Superior Livestock, Northern Livestock, just to name a couple. Cattle are sold there on scheduled times throughout the season. Cattle are bought and sold on the internet sometimes on a daily basis. You really have no clue about modern day ranching and all the knowledge that goes into it. It's no longer about driving tractors and riding horses, sad to say. The internet is part of daily life on most ranches and farms. If the rancher doesn't do it, the ranch wife does, or maybe even a hired hand.

You really don't give us much credit. We are SURVIVORS!

🤣😂 Ranching is a lot different that buying a boat or a vehicle. You would be surprised at the amount of livestock bought AND sold on the internet. Look up Superior Livestock, Northern Livestock, just to name a couple. Cattle are sold there on scheduled times throughout the season. Cattle are bought and sold on the internet sometimes on a daily basis. You really have no clue about modern day ranching and all the knowledge that goes into it. It's no longer about driving tractors and riding horses, sad to say. The internet is part of daily life on most ranches and farms. If the rancher doesn't do it, the ranch wife does, or maybe even a hired hand.

You really don't give us much credit. We are SURVIVORS!
So, when cattle, or other livestock, are bought online, how often, if any, does a rancher or farmer pickup what they bought or do they have it delivered to their ranch/farm?

As far as change goes in ranching, I've seen enough current documentaries about ranching to know how much it has changed, but there are still ranchers out there that still do it the old-fashioned way.

As far as farming goes, tractors are still used, but farm equipment today way outdoes the farm equipment that I used back in the mid-late 60's. I remember hooking up a corn picker to the old John Deere, Farmall or Case, along with a grain hauler behind the picker and taking off. I also remember, pulling a rope, behind the tractor seat, to let the plough blades down.

Actually, I would take today's farming and ranching equipment way over yesteryears. Then again, I absolutely love electronic stuff.

I think that I am the only one in my little valley who doesn't have a smart phone. And that is because I don't get cell service at the house or the upper fields. Lots of business conducted on those phones. Some by voice some over the internet. One neighbor has 7 center pivots. He can start and stop them with his phone. And he certainly does that.
How are cattle bought or sold on line delivered? It depends.... on a lot of different things.

I think that I am the only one in my little valley who doesn't have a smart phone. And that is because I don't get cell service at the house or the upper fields. Lots of business conducted on those phones. Some by voice some over the internet. One neighbor has 7 center pivots. He can start and stop them with his phone. And he certainly does that.
How are cattle bought or sold on line delivered? It depends.... on a lot of different things.
Mr. FH doesn't have one either, and he doesn't want one. He really doesn't care to have a flip phone except it's handy when he wants to call.....me.....🤣😂🤣 I have a message on it for those who call him not to leave a message because he will never call you back, but I do leave my number to call if they need to get ahold of one of us.

His old phone would say who was calling, so he knew if he needed to get his phone out of his pocket. This one doesn't do that, and he's not very happy that it doesn't. We couldn't find one that did. His old Samsung was a 3G and they said they were doing away with 3G so we got a 4G. The 3G didn't work in the shop, either. At least this one does.

Every bull sale in Canada was on line this spring and last. I still like to go to the sale and did make one this spring but thousands of dollars were spent on bulls on line. Some looked at them before the sale others relied on the reputation of the seller to describe the animal or had representatives that looked at the animal for them.

Latest posts