• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lookin for rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well...first cuttin of hay was awsome with all our winter and spring rains....second cuttin was down right pitiful. hay fields all around are just dry n crispy brown. If we dont git some rain soon this'll be it for this years hay....I'm leanin toward prayin for a hurricane or tropical depression.
Will be penning cattle next weekend and culling perdy hard as well as selling all the calves I can. This is the first time I've seen it this dry this early in the year here in south east texas. You'd think with 70+ inches of rain from january to april that we'd be ok. but the tanks are gittin low as well......n haymaker..I seen ya mentioned makin it rain...if ya know a secret or some kinda nifty lil dance yer more than welcome to come my way n give it a try.

sorry to hear that we got plenty here wish i could send you some. Its been rainin the past two days and is supposed to continue the rest of the week. good luck to you.

Latest posts