• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

lookin for work..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

bull_rider21

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
I am currently lookin to get a job on a ranch, i grew up on a cattle farm here in the south and am currently lookin for work prefferably out west. I am an experienced and hard working person. what is the best way to find a job working a ranch?? if anyone is interested or looking for help feel free to email me..thanks
 

ropesanddogs

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2005
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
South Texas
Arent we all? I live in south texas,and it is slow as it gets,all of the calves have been worked,and the only work youll see enough of around here,is with yearlins,where the bigger companies are shipping and recieving,on top of doctoring.Im headed up north a little myself in a week or so,to help ship and doctor yearlings for the company my dad buys for.Usually down here,at least,they start hiring after summer,for calving,and so they wont get all the school boys lookin for summer work,thats usually when i get all my day work,and stray catching also.Do you have your own horses and tack?What about a truck and trailer?Or are you looking for a place that'll supply all that?Also what kindve work are you lookin for?just a few questions youre gonna be asked...Good luck.



-Colt
 

bull_rider21

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
hey man thanks, i am pretty much just looking for a job as a general ranch hand, and yes i do have a truck and trailer.
 

Jeannie

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
Who Cares?
If you have your own pickup, trailer, horse, tack, and traveling money, log onto WWW.torringtontelegram.com and www.starherald.com. Both of them usually have advertisements for general ranch hands, feedlot riders, etc. I don't know about the pay. I wish you luck!
 

DOC HARRIS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft. Collins, CO
bull_rider21 said:
I am currently lookin to get a job on a ranch, i grew up on a cattle farm here in the south and am currently lookin for work prefferably out west. I am an experienced and hard working person. what is the best way to find a job working a ranch?? if anyone is interested or looking for help feel free to email me..thanks
bull_rider21 - Log onto "Cattle Today Online". In the Green colored pane on the left click on "Classifieds" and place an ad on that site. That should get you some action! Do a complete resume. Don't leave anything unstated. Good luck. DOC

P.S. I JUST NOW realized that THIS post has the Classified site. It is right above this one. Look for "Jobs" in the sub menu.
 

Brad S

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
3,017
Reaction score
0
Location
west of Soapweed
Pup, if you drag into any feedyard in the beefbelt with a pair of horses, you will almost always get a job. ixnay on the bull rider/rodeo crap, thats shorthand to most employers for lazy herdquitter.
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
Brad S said:
Pup, if you drag into any feedyard in the beefbelt with a pair of horses, you will almost always get a job. ixnay on the bull rider/rodeo crap, thats shorthand to most employers for lazy herdquitter.

I agree on the bullrider deal.

I know of a job maybe to the right person by Wyola Mt. but slackers need not apply the man already has a lazy ass rodeo rider he's going to send packing...There's a BIG difference between Ranch Cowboys and Buckle Chasers hell buy a buckle and go to work...
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
Do you know the difference between a Pizza and a Rodeo cowboy??



A pizza will feed a family of 4. :p :p :p
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Denny said:
Do you know the difference between a Pizza and a Rodeo cowboy??



A pizza will feed a family of 4. :p :p :p

HAHAHAHA :D :D
our last ranch hand was a "wanna be" bullrider from florida who completely FLOPPED as a hand!!! watching him ride a horse for the first time and try to help move cattle was something worthy of a camcorder....and i had left mine at the house!!! :roll: He only last for a little less than 2 months and could not understand why he was expected to be to work before 10 in the morning and why the work day did not end at 5pm promptly!!! Not someone I would recommend to ANYONE! :x
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Manitoba_Rancher said:
WE are looking for a worker? Are you any good at cleaning up burned out rubble?

Time for an update, MR!!!! Sure hope that things are going well for you and the cleanup is progressing!! Please let us know what help you need and what we can do for you and your family!!!! :) :)
 

Manitoba_Rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Ranchwife,


Still dealing with the insurance company and its not pretty. They are going to pay us a few cents on the dollar because we didnt have replacement cost on our possessions. Doesnt look like we will be able to rebuild unless a miracle comes along.
 

Brad S

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
3,017
Reaction score
0
Location
west of Soapweed
THat's hard Denny, but almost as funny as it is true. I admit to rodeoing myself. My dad is about as mean as a grizzley crossed with a diamondback, and he never shortened the load so I could rodeo.
 

EJ

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Location
north central S Dak
That was cute Denny. We were up in your country over the weekend. Still kinda get lost in all those trees, but is sure is pretty.

bullrider__21 It sure don`t hurt to follow your dreams, but keep an open mind on the future.
 

bull_rider21

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
lol i made the name just because that was the first thing that came to mind becuase thats my name on the other forums i use at humpsnhorns.com sorry if it made me look like a wannabe but a wannabe is not what i am....if you guys think a name change is in order i will do it, but i will let my work speak for itself, i do understand what your saying though and dont blame you one bit. I know a lot of guys who think they want to do work like this and weve had em work on our farm, shouldve thought before i made the name i guess sorry for the confusion....thanks
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Manitoba_Rancher said:
Ranchwife,


Still dealing with the insurance company and its not pretty. They are going to pay us a few cents on the dollar because we didnt have replacement cost on our possessions. Doesnt look like we will be able to rebuild unless a miracle comes along.

my mom always told me "it's always darkest before the dawn"....don't forget how folks here think so highly of you and take us up on our offers of help!!! I still think a good old fashioned "barn raisin'" is in order!!! How about it, Folks??!! :D :D
 

TXTibbs

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
1,591
Reaction score
0
Location
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
You guys are all just a bunch of bickering quidnunc's!!! I swear you people like to just pick apart anything to either cut someone down or argue. If you would go back and read every post that "bullrider" left he never once mentioned even laying a hand on a bull! But yet you proceeded to chop him down like a piece of oak on the chopping block, by throwing around names like "lazy herdquitter"!! Especially you "BRAD S" who started the whole thing! You people don't know everything about everyone on here so I don't see how you feel it's your place to jump to conclusions and completely ridicule everyone, especially from a name that someone uses on a forum on the internet!!!! You might think your being helpfull, but not all of us see it that way! I think most of you are age discriminating to.....just cause we are under 30 don't mean we are the stupidest things to take a breath of air. You have more experience yes, but it's all how you use it. Believe it or not people you don't know everything!

Wow...am I going to get hammered for saying all that. Go ahead....live up to your standards and ridicule me for saying what is true. And if you don't think its true...go back and re-read a few of your posts. Adios
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
TXTibbs said:
You guys are all just a bunch of bickering quidnunc's!!! I swear you people like to just pick apart anything to either cut someone down or argue. If you would go back and read every post that "bullrider" left he never once mentioned even laying a hand on a bull! But yet you proceeded to chop him down like a piece of oak on the chopping block, by throwing around names like "lazy herdquitter"!! Especially you "BRAD S" who started the whole thing! You people don't know everything about everyone on here so I don't see how you feel it's your place to jump to conclusions and completely ridicule everyone, especially from a name that someone uses on a forum on the internet!!!! You might think your being helpfull, but not all of us see it that way! I think most of you are age discriminating to.....just cause we are under 30 don't mean we are the stupidest things to take a breath of air. You have more experience yes, but it's all how you use it. Believe it or not people you don't know everything!

Wow...am I going to get hammered for saying all that. Go ahead....live up to your standards and ridicule me for saying what is true. And if you don't think its true...go back and re-read a few of your posts. Adios

Whoa, Tex!!!! :x Noone meant bullrider any harm......what i read was alot of friendly ribbing...unless i missed something :???: TESTY!! TESTY!! forget your daily dose of Valium, there???? Back to bull session with ya!!! :roll: :roll: Adios, back to ya!!!!
By the way, some of the most intelligent and hardest working folks i have ever met were young, ambitious folks under the age of 30!!!! Our new "hand" is 52, a retired school teacher and has no idea how to get his hiney outta bed before about 9 am!! :wink: :wink:
 

Latest posts

Top