• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking, again, for a Port Parker Saddle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

j 1/4 circle

Reaction score
This is a follow up to one of my previous messages dated 12/30/05.

My grandfather was Port W. Parker, and old Az. rodeo and range Cowboy, as well as the Az. chief livestock inspector.

His accolades included roping for the Queen of England in the 20's, a championship in the mid 20's and many Rodeo wins throughout the 1920's and 1930's. He also supervised Castle Hot Springs for several years, where he met my grandmother, Ella Parker.

Following his Rodeo days, he designed a saddle for Mr. Porter, of Porter's Saddles in Phx, Az. The saddle was called, dubbed after or credited to my grandfather.

Does anyone know of or how I could find such a saddle for sale? I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks to Muddy Rancher and Jersey Lily who gave me their thoughts last time. I looked into their suggestions, and to no avail, still can't locate the Saddle.

Are you still looking for a Port Parker saddle? I have one in nice condition.

Here's a link to one for sale on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREAT-1930S-PORTER-PRIDE-OF-THE-WEST-SADDLE_W0QQitemZ160181698494QQihZ006QQcategoryZ47295QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts