• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking for an oil distributor.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ecofarmer

Reaction score
Were running low on oil and antifreeze but, I just found out the distributor I have used for years went out of business right after my last order 3 months ago. I'm looking to buy for my shop, my store, and 2 other farm shops do a group buy. My guess at the order would be 50 to 75 drums (55 gallon) and 1,000 to 2,000 one gallon jugs. Numbers depend on the price.

I tried googleing it a few different ways but I'm not coming up with the right types of companies. I tried calling around but didn't have any luck. Is there anyone good with google give it a try for me.

If I went thru that much product I'd hire a full time mechanic fixing leaks.

We only need 20 drums for our shop right now. The rest of the drums will go to 2 other shops. 1,500 of the gallon drums would go on the shelf at my store if I can sell it cheaper then the auto parts stores and gas stations.

I don't have a leak problem. I do have a part time diesel truck mechanic and I stole a JD mechanic that's full time. They keep our stuff running and also do a good amount off work on other peoples stuff.

ecofarmer said:
We only need 20 drums for our shop right now. The rest of the drums will go to 2 other shops. 1,500 of the gallon drums would go on the shelf at my store if I can sell it cheaper then the auto parts stores and gas stations.

I don't have a leak problem. I do have a part time diesel truck mechanic and I stole a JD mechanic that's full time. They keep our stuff running and also do a good amount off work on other peoples stuff.

Maybe you should consider becoming a dealer.

We use all shell products and I had thought about it a time or two. I have called shell a few times to set it up but I always got a bad feeling. I didn't seam to fit in to there set up. I have ordered right from them a few times but they have a lot of hidden fees if you don't set up an account. I found it cheaper to deal with a local distributor but they went under. At the time I last called they wanted us to make monthly orders and not make 3 or 4 orders a year. At the time the shipping was a lot because of there warehouse locations.

I just tossed them down on my-to do list for tomorrow.

Latest posts