• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looks Good

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SASH said:
Its very green. :shock:

I like green. Don't think I've seen any other board using this color scheme. I think this change over is going to be very interesting.....

I like the fact that people have to actually register and use discrete handles, rather then having part of their beginning sentence as their handle. I have used this type of forum layout before. It is a little frustrating at first, but it is better organized then before.

P.S. Oh yeah, my old handle was 15444. Figured I might as well register in my name. :cowboy:

WOW........... I really like what I see so far! Nice to have to log on too, and it should keep some of the trash to a minimum. Checking new messages and seeing the discussion will also be ALOT quicker

Great stuff
:)

Oh, Wow!! I thought I busted my computer or something!?! All afternoon I kept getting weird stuff when I logged onto the bullpen and I just naturally figured it was something I'd done....
Bear with me, the old brain does not handle new information very well. What the heck is a BBCode anyway? And should I have it on and the HTML off? Or the other way around? Like I said, this old girl is going to need some instruction. Is there a ranchers forum 101 for dummies?

Liberty Belle said:
Gotta figure this out. Why didn't my handle go up with my post last time? It should say Liberty Belle instead of guest. What did I goof up this time?

I did the same thing I was not logged in was the problem.

I suppose it's my turn to give this new format a try. I've never been really comfortable with change either, like an old dog that had it's water dish moved...
and dies of thirst!
And to think as little as three years ago, I couldn't find the on button on a computer now selling semen and embryos worldwide and communicating with so many neat new people. For that I am especially appreciative.

Hey Aaron! Glad to see you go by Aaron now! Hows calving? I hear Tohan semen is going to Europe! You don't know who bought those rights do you? By the way, where did you get 15444? What's the story behind it?

I'll sign off with at least something that should be familiar. Thanks for reading from Canada and have a good afternoon all!

Anonymous said:
Oh, Wow!! I thought I busted my computer or something!?! All afternoon I kept getting weird stuff when I logged onto the bullpen and I just naturally figured it was something I'd done....
Bear with me, the old brain does not handle new information very well. What the heck is a BBCode anyway? And should I have it on and the HTML off? Or the other way around? Like I said, this old girl is going to need some instruction. Is there a ranchers forum 101 for dummies?

Liberty Belle- Me too- I came in and logged on the Douglas Bull Test thread -- then everything went Norwegian on me-- Thought I'd blew up the computer- or the Canadians were attacking and had sabotaged my computer..LOL

Still hadn't learned how to do all this stuff on Cattletoday- now I'll have to take some time to learn it...........

Shelly said:
Don't think I like this. I don't do change well.

Shelly, We're gonna have this thing figured out in a day or two. Heck, by then we'll be able to SING Happy Birthday to YOU!

shelly, i agree with you...not sure if i like it this way...in a hurry at work, i could always click and in an instant see what folks were talking about and be able to reply.....just wait it out and see if i adapt well....how is this gonna work on fightless friday??? guess i'll see you in the coffeehouse...or whatever it was called!!! :wink:

I'm having difficulty getting the hang of it. I want to know how you reply to an individual post without it going all the way to the end of the thread. This just isn't as nice as the old way!

Hey Whiteface, not calving yet. Finally got the entire spring herd calving in April and into May, so I don't even have to contend with freak winter storms in March anymore. Although the two old gals I bought last fall might calve in mid-March, but they will be the only ones if they do.

Seems ever since we switched from late January and February calving, the following years have brought pretty good weather those months....same with this year. But I don't regret it. It sure is nice to check cows at midnight in April and May when the temps hover around 0, rather then in January at -30!

Probably will slowly switch everything to April/May/June calving as our youngest sire couldn't hack it at breeding some of the fall cows in November and December, so about half a dozen good cows are now open, including Katherine 1K. At least now I can get her back into a spring calving routine and look forward to showing her maybe next year.

Didn't know about the Tohan deal, but I am sure that he will be a big hit in
Europe.

15444 was my highschool student number when I started posting on Agri-ville so many years ago. When I first went on Agri-ville, I think it was one of Cowman's post that I wanted to respond to and my student number was the quickest thought that popped into my head for a handle.

Latest posts