• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looky What's In Our Pasture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
bears010.jpg

This is a definate record book bear-Ty and his buddy had him face on at 30 yards tonight just at dark. Those big boys swagger like a prize fighter-look how small his ears look lol.

bears005.jpg

Anybody want a big chocolate rub-he's a crafty old bugger to shoot with a bow. I think Ty going to leave him be for a few days-he's got another baits getting hit too.

Are you suggestin that bears have EPD's??? :wink:

Sure glad we don't have them runnin round in our woods. (There have been a few bear sightings in the last few years, but not enuff to worry about)

Yes sir, that's a pretty decent bear. I didn't realize they got to be such a good size that far east. That would make a pretty nice rug for sure.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Are you suggestin that bears have EPD's??? :wink:

Sure glad we don't have them runnin round in our woods. (There have been a few bear sightings in the last few years, but not enuff to worry about)

Boy, I wouldn't trade all the bears in Canada for just one of your snakes. Those things scare the bejeezuz outa me.
Bears are only scary if their toenails hang out the front of the foot and inch or three. Those ones you gotta be a lil more careful with :wink:

They're wandering around here too. The best policy is to shoot first and ask questions later.
Dad missed a wolf that was in with the pairs the other day. It's kind of a nervous time of year.

Silver said:
Yes sir, that's a pretty decent bear. I didn't realize they got to be such a good size that far east. That would make a pretty nice rug for sure.

We have a record book bear that came out of southern Manitoba hanging on our wall. Son in law shot him at 12 yards with his bow. I'm not a bear expert but he was something like 21 and 7/8. Where ever they measure them.

Flattend out he covers lots of wall. :shock:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Silver said:

We have a record book bear that came out of southern Manitoba hanging on our wall. Son in law shot him at 12 yards with his bow. I'm not a bear expert but he was something like 21 and 7/8. Where ever they measure them.

Flattend out he covers lots of wall. :shock:

I don't have any bear hanging on our wall, but do have the complete hide of a spotted mule (ears included). :roll: :) It covers quite a bit of wall, too.

There isn't a bear in our pasture, either, but there is bare in our pastures. Ah, but the grass is coming. :)

You Canadians do have some interesting backyard pets.

There's something about shooting something that will fight back that's kind of intense. Those bear will climb up your treestand to check you out sometimes it's pretty cool.The stand you see is where the camera guy sits-the shooters stand is off to the right. That is an excellent bear at BMR's-I've seen it with me own eyes. Those bears are grazing right now just like cattle.

Northern Rancher said:
There's something about shooting something that will fight back that's kind of intense. Those bear will climb up your treestand to check you out sometimes it's pretty cool.The stand you see is where the camera guy sits-the shooters stand is off to the right. That is an excellent bear at BMR's-I've seen it with me own eyes. Those bears are grazing right now just like cattle.

The wild one's are when they come in running you go from calm to over excited very quickly.

man I'm missin spring bear now...

this is the result of a passthru shot at 16 yds with 140gr Bear razors on 31" 2317 arrows outta a Safari Hunter @ 82#...seems like forever ago...
Before the family...spring bear was one o' my favorite times of the year!

charliebearwincenq6.jpg

this descent boar green scored a hair under 20 1/2"

Funny stuff yesterday-the boys were parked on a logging road packing a couple dead beaver into a stand. The truck had old pastries and some pails of chicken grease in it. Somebody came along and stole all the stale dated pastries-somebody must of really been jonesing for a doiughnut lol.

Latest posts