• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Losing a friend

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LW Leather

Reaction score
Just letting you all know that Lazy WP lost his Tator dog yesterday to Canine Dysautonomia. For those of you who have never heard of it, IT SUX!! My Dude dog got it two years ago and we managed to keep him alive, but it's around 99% fatal in dogs that contract it. We just couldn't save her.
We are both sad to lose her. She had such a personality and probably one of the smartest dogs either of us have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Anyway, just letting you know.

Take care and keep good care of your furbabies!!

A friend, a helper, a part of the family. My thoughts are with you, Lisa and W. It will be 2 years on Independence Day since my Frosty left us. 14 great years we had. My condolences. You are right. It sux...

https://neuropetvet.wordpress.com/neuromusculardysautonomia/

Here is a link that explains this disease for any of you who would like to know more. It's brutal, it comes on quick and it's 99% fatal. It affects the autonomic systems in these dogs... swallowing, pooping, digestion, gut movement, tear production, eye dialation... It really works them over. We got lucky when my dog got it. We had 2 vets who were familiar with it, so they fought like hell to help me keep him alive. His was so much different than when Nicks dog got it.

There is no vaccine, if there was I would jump at it!! There are 2 universities that do ALOT of research on it, and they still can't pinpoint 100% what causes it. They think it's soil born (personally, I think it might be some kind of parasite). It can affect any breed of dog, and in about any area. Used to be they thought it was centralized in Kansas and Missouri. But I am on a Facebook group of CD survivors, and they are all over the country. Granted there really aren't very many survivors, but they are spread out. We were up in the NE Sandhills when my dog got sick 2 years ago. Now we're 6 hours south of there when Nicks dog got it.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. :D

LW Leather said:
https://neuropetvet.wordpress.com/neuromusculardysautonomia/

Here is a link that explains this disease for any of you who would like to know more. It's brutal, it comes on quick and it's 99% fatal. It affects the autonomic systems in these dogs... swallowing, pooping, digestion, gut movement, tear production, eye dialation... It really works them over. We got lucky when my dog got it. We had 2 vets who were familiar with it, so they fought like hell to help me keep him alive. His was so much different than when Nicks dog got it.

There is no vaccine, if there was I would jump at it!! There are 2 universities that do ALOT of research on it, and they still can't pinpoint 100% what causes it. They think it's soil born (personally, I think it might be some kind of parasite). It can affect any breed of dog, and in about any area. Used to be they thought it was centralized in Kansas and Missouri. But I am on a Facebook group of CD survivors, and they are all over the country. Granted there really aren't very many survivors, but they are spread out. We were up in the NE Sandhills when my dog got sick 2 years ago. Now we're 6 hours south of there when Nicks dog got it.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. :D
Thanks for the link. :cry2:

Latest posts