• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lost the kids pony today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
The kids loved him to death. He was one of those little ponies that the kids could do anything with and I mean anything. He colic this morning. The vet pump 8 L of mineral oil and a shot of banamine for the pain here plus a hold day at the vet office and no luck. He was compack pretty bad the vet said. He will be missed.

Picture016.jpg

been there done that a few times, it never gets any easier :cry: sorry for the bad luck

My oldest daughter crying her heart out now and not wanting to go to sleep. She want to sleep with him in the trailer. I will taking him to the ranch and burying with a shetland pony my sisters have when they was little. It's going to be a long night with these girls. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so glad you are burying him. Two of my biggest heartaches in my life were when I lost my Springer Spaniel, Suzy at age 13 (both of us, got her when I was a baby) and my horse Patches when I was 14, got her when I was five. Dad wouldn't hire a hoe to bury her and the dead wagon came and got her. I couldn't look at him or talk to him for over a week. I was physically sick. Been a whole bunch of years since then and can still feel the pain of the loss.

I feel for your kids. Pets like ponies and dogs have a real special place in our hearts. :(

I think it is what makes ranch and farm kids better people. They learn at a young age about the cycle of life. That's something many city kids never experience. :cowboy:

Dang, sorry to hear the news. Tough as it is, like Big Muddy says, it's an important life lesson.
Hope things get better soon.

Thanks for all the prayers for the kids. It's was still tough tonight in getting them to bed. :cry: I made a wood cross to go on the grave so they will always know where he is. A friend of my works for the Houston SPCA told me today they just pick up more 30 mini's so it looks like a replacement is in order.

That is the best thing about living in the country. The kids learn more about life than any city kid will ever learn.

Sorry to hear of ya'll loss. It's always tough to loose a horse. No matter the size. They all have heart.

We had to put Lil Lilly's first barrel horse down last summer......Even tho she knows this kinda thing happens when you have animals, that was one of the hardest days of our lives. Was a rough couple weeks after that for sure, cuz this ole mare would come to the yard gate ever day, twice a day to be let in and fed. She was the one I hollered for at feedin time, or Lil Lilly...which ever one of us was feedin, and they all came to her name. Took a while for them to learn to come to another name LOL I knew I could go out and holler her name and the rest would come, but I just could NOT bring myself to do that.

Latest posts