• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

lots of Pictures: Chetwynd railway washed out

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
IMGP6864.jpg

IMGP6854.jpg

IMGP6843.jpg

IMGP6819.jpg

IMGP6802.jpg

IMGP6794.jpg

IMGP6791.jpg

IMGP6787.jpg

IMGP6781.jpg

IMGP6778.jpg

IMGP6768.jpg

IMGP6753.jpg

IMGP6748.jpg

IMGP6744.jpg

IMGP6741.jpg

IMGP6740.jpg

IMGP6736.jpg

IMGP6733.jpg

IMGP6716.jpg

IMGP6712.jpg

IMGP6705.jpg

IMGP6701.jpg

IMGP6690.jpg

IMGP6676.jpg

IMGP6673.jpg

IMGP6670.jpg

IMGP6662.jpg

IMGP6659.jpg

WOW I pray no one was hurt.
hmmm wish you could load up them cars and send that water down here......Burlington Northern runs right next to my house...

gcreekrch said:
That is a mess all right.

Mother Nature sure has a way of showing us just how insignificant we are when she wants too.

My thoughts as well. Years of development and work wiped out in hours!

It's a mess in places up here for sure. I'm actually feeling a little foolish for all my complaints the last few years that 'it just doesn'n know how to rain here anymore'. :oops: The land in this country just isn't designed to either need or handle water in very large amounts.

we have went from one extreme to another as far as the weather goes in the last 3 years. one thing at my elevation 3500 feet im not going to get flooded out on the high ground although the meadows may be full of water and to soft for equipment we can always winter graze. although it is not the R.F.P. way i still am more secure when my stackyards are stuffed full in october with an excess of feed.

How awful!!! Although the one photo with the waterfalls coming down the mountain side is kindof cool...So since I know nothing of flood cleanup on railways,,do they have to wait till the water resides before they can move all the cars? And how do they move them??

More than likely they will have to wait for the water to recede so they can fix the track and move the cars that are still on the rail and re rail the cars that are still upright. (Even possibly fixing the track under the cars) They will move the other cars out of the way using escavators and/or bulldozers till they have the trains running again then they will more than likely cut up the cars and take them away as scrap. The picture with the overturned engine... they would rescue the engines.

(33 years with CN Rail)

Latest posts