• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Low Stress Livestock Handling Workshop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Low Stress Livestock Handling Workshop

November 12th, 2011 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM

The Low Stress Livestock Handling Workshop will be Saturday, Nov. 12, at the CSC Student Center in Chadron, NE from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The presenter is Dr. Tom Noffsinger of Benkelman, who will lead both classroom instruction and hands-on demonstrations.
He is a veterinarian and consultant who promotes the low stress methods that have been shared for many years by renowned
stockman Bud Williams of Independence, Kan.

During the workshop, Noffsinger will address general stockmanship concepts and their applications, weaning and feedlot arrival procedures,
and processes for sorting and loading. As a bonus to young participants, he will provide tips for halter breaking calves for 4-H and FFA.

The price of $55 includes lunch. College students may enroll for the reduced rate of $30, while the price for participants age 18 and under is just $8.
To register contact Kristol Cummings at 308.432.6367 or [email protected].

These sort of things are good for the industry both in practical application and publicity. I heard a presentation on the same subject by a colleague of Dr. Noffsinger, Dr. Kip something I think. His company was Sandhills Cattle Consultants and he was a good presenter.

We practised that last Saturday... I sorted the cows off the calves all by myself without a stick even, while Son#2 loadeded the tub by himself all 13 years of him and hubby and Son#1 worked the cows...

i use low stress livestock handling by having as few people around as possible and keeping the dogs at the house. :wink: :D

a good border collie will just get down on thier belly and look at the cows or sheep no bite needed just a good eye and just like you know how much pressure at what distance is needed.

Latest posts