• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lunch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin

Reaction score
Beef brisket off a 3yr old that didn't breed back
Sweet G90 corn cut off the cob
Yukon Gold potatoes fried up real crisp
Turnips and turnip greens
Anglefood cake with strawberries over it
Glass of water

I wonder what the rich folks are eating?

Bottle of water. They're all on a diet after Chrismakwanzakkah.

BBQed striploin, diced potatoes baked with cheese, onion and bacon, and peas here BURP

Faster horses said:
FISH STICKS?
:shock:
DENNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :wink:

Well, at least what Denny lacks in taste for food he makes up for in the beverage dept! :wink: :lol:

I guess I can't talk. I had a fried egg sandwich, a banana, and a glass of milk! :oops: :twisted: :shock: :eek: :D :roll: :lol:

I just had a Ribeye and a Pepsi for today's lunch.Well off to the Dungeon got some iron to weld.

John SD said:
Faster horses said:
FISH STICKS?
:shock:
DENNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :wink:

Well, at least what Denny lacks in taste for food he makes up for in the beverage dept! :wink: :lol:

I guess I can't talk. I had a fried egg sandwich, a banana, and a glass of milk! :oops: :twisted: :shock: :eek: :D :roll: :lol:

I love fried egg sandwiches with mustard and tabasco sauce... Was what we always packed as a saddlebag lunch...... The best........ :D

For starters, lunch ain't "lunch," it's "dinner." :?

Has anyone ever seen a picture of "The Last Dinner"? :???:

City dinner is country supper, and "lunch" is but a quick little snack of say, milk and a cookie. :wink: :)

I am sure I can ruffle somebody's feathers. :roll: :wink: :)

Ah, but it is fun to do. :)

Soapweed said:

City dinner is country supper, and "lunch" is but a quick little snack of say, milk and a cookie. :wink: :)

I guess I'm half city, half country. It's breakfast , lunch and supper here. The last supper still applies. :lol: So does break for lunch. We don't eat dinner here but we occasionally do eat at the diner.

Red Robin said:
Soapweed said:

I guess I'm half city, half country. It's breakfast , lunch and supper here. The last supper still applies. :lol: So does break for lunch. We don't eat dinner here but we occasionally do eat at the diner.

Well at least your middle-of-the-day meal sure sounded good. :)

Denny I like fish sticks too. :D I really like fish especially catfish in the spring time. They are fun to catch and taste great.

Red Robin I didn't see that green stuff called OKRA on your list. :wink:

Soapweed I agree with you on lunch usually mine is beef sticks and a cold one (black cherry pop hits the spot about mid afternoon during the summer)

have a cold one

lazy ace

How about this? IMO, lunch/dinner can be used somewhat interchangeably. Lunch is something you pack to the hayfield or while you are out fixing fence. Dinner is cooked and eaten in the house. Supper is the evening meal. I don't eat dinner at suppertime! :wink:

lazy ace said:
Denny I like fish sticks too. :D I really like fish especially catfish in the spring time. They are fun to catch and taste great.

Red Robin I didn't see that green stuff called OKRA on your list. :wink:

Soapweed I agree with you on lunch usually mine is beef sticks and a cold one (black cherry pop hits the spot about mid afternoon during the summer)

have a cold one

lazy ace

When we went to Alabama last winter I could'nt get enough catfish,it was real good and they knew how to cook it.They had OKRA all over down south it is'nt fit for man nor beast.

Come on up next october for a weekend we can go stand in the river and catch walleye's if you think catfish are good you just wate until you have some river walleye's mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Soapweed said:

We (city folk) think of the main cooked meal of the day as dinner whether it is at noon or at night.
If it is at night, then the noon meal gets called lunch (not sure why.) Question is, if you have your big Thanksgiving meal around noon do you call it Thanksgiving Supper???
:roll:

Okra is an acquired , adult type taste. You boys will have to just grow up to appreciate it. :wink: Actually down here it's as common as fried potatoes I guess. I can't remember a day not liking okra. My baby likes buttermilk in her tippy cup, and picks turnips over hamburgers though so we might not be a true test of pallet at my house. :lol:

Latest posts