• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"M"COOL - "a good law" Leo???????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

This is too funny!

Leo McDonnel claims that "M"COOL is a good law as it's written.

Ahh....ok?

"M"COOL as written exempts food service which constitutes 75% of the imported beef into this country which leaves 5% of our domestic U.S. beef consumption potentially labeled as imported beef under a normal trade situation.

Ok, now Leo says that USDA should follow the model of the school lunch program for "M"COOL implementation.

Ahh.....ok?

The school lunch program only considers imported beef and cattle that are imported for direct slaughter as "U.S. product".

Now that we have exempted Canadian feeder cattle that are fed in the United States from being labeled as "imported", which contradicts the "born, raised, and slaughtered" designation of "M"COOL proponents were chirping about yesterday, we are down to about 2.5% of our U.S. beef consumption labeled as imported????

But wait, there's more........

If that 2.5% happens to be channeled into "food service", there would LEGALLY be no imported beef or cattle labeled as imported.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

R-CALF's ignorance never ends!

~SH~

Lets see here...

GAO says "good law". SH says "bad law". Who do believe? Now who would have the most credibility here? :???: :lol:

You're right, SH. Ignorance never ends. :roll:

Sandhusker said:
Lets see here...

GAO says "good law". SH says "bad law". Who do believe? Now who would have the most credibility here? :???: :lol:

You're right, SH. Ignorance never ends. :roll:

I would be surprised if there is any one bill that passes congress that "EVERYONE" agrees on. Many times laws are enacted after being "watered down" to get through the system, then tweaked over time to get all the kinks out. Many go through the court process and take years to finalize.

Let's see R-CULT says "good law" and USDA, THE AGENCY THAT IS ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCING THIS LAW, says "unenforceable".

Who are we to believe??? We know R-CULT lies continually. Hmmmmmm????? Such a difficult decision.

Did anyone see Sandhusker bring anything to support his position on this issue???

Neither did I!

What I have presented is factual and that's why Sandhusker offered nothing to contradict it, AS USUAL.

~SH~

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:31 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandhusker wrote:
Lets see here...

GAO says "good law". SH says "bad law". Who do believe? Now who would have the most credibility here?

You're right, SH. Ignorance never ends.

Mike sayes
"I would be surprised if there is any one bill that passes congress that "EVERYONE" agrees on. Many times laws are enacted after being "watered down" to get through the system, then tweaked over time to get all the kinks out. Many go through the court process and take years to finalize"
I think Leo's "Good law"is 100 gallons of water and one drop of good bourbon.

:shock: Lots of yap here lately about how this whole thing is a battle over COOL.

Let's just say for a moment Oldtimer, that multinational packers don't really give a rats ass where they find their cattle, which is somewhat evidenced by the fact that Canadian beef carasses cross the line labeled and then loose the label somewhere along the line.

But maybe, all these childish protectionist tactics that you Rcalf boys have been pulling has been pissing the packers off. In fact maybe they are beginning to dislike Rcalf the way Rcalf seems to dislike the packers.

Maybe soon they will start to make a choice. When the opportuntiy arrives, maybe they will not choose what you bunch of a$$backwards dorks consider the American way, and will let your cattle sit on your pristine little ranches until they decide they have enough Canadian cattle for now.

Wake up and smell the roses, progression is the future. :D

rkaiser...When the opportuntiy arrives, maybe they will not choose what you bunch of a$$backwards dorks consider the American way, and will let your cattle sit on your pristine little ranches until they decide they have enough Canadian cattle for now.

This sounds like when they threatened to move their plants to other countries. They didn't do that, it was only a scare tactic. Do you suggest we all register at our local sale barns if we are R-CALF or NCBA members so the buyers will know?

~SH~ said:
Let's see R-CULT says "good law" and USDA, THE AGENCY THAT IS ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCING THIS LAW, says "unenforceable".

Who are we to believe??? We know R-CULT lies continually. Hmmmmmm????? Such a difficult decision.
Response; What is R-CULT? I did a google search and came up dry.

Did anyone see Sandhusker bring anything to support his position on this issue???
Response; Other than the fact that the GAO said it was a good law? I didn't say it was a good law, the GAO did - you know the GAO - the folks who deal with laws for a living. But, we are to hold a varminteer's biased opinion over the GAO, yep, makes sense to me! :roll:

Neither did I!

What I have presented is factual and that's why Sandhusker offered nothing to contradict it, AS USUAL.
Response: What you have presented is your hyper biased opinion. I contradicted your opinion with information that the GAO said it was a good law. You chose to ignore what you didn't like, AS USUAL. :wink:

~SH~

:wink: Tommy, why would you not tell everyone in the world that you are a member of Rcalf. Pretty proud of that flag you fly as you avator, you must have pride in your chosen group as well. Why not make a list of all Rcalf members for me and other Canadians who have done a lot of business in the States and might not want to deal with people who hate our guts. If the packers happen to get a hold of the list,,,,, oh well. :roll:

SH, your world is full of liars and deceivers; Leo says it is a good law and he is lying. The GAO says it is a good law - are they lying also? :p

:) Any way you could lead me to a list of members Sandhusker? You guys are fun to argue with, but I would sure like to know who I am dealing with when trade with the USA starts up again.

Shouldn't be to hard to figure out Randy just take note of the supporters of R-CALF when one of these guys post another fund raising success story and you will have a pretty good Idea of who you don't want to do business with. If we have to read them we should as least get something more than a headache out of them. I saw on one of the posts that one of the stores I use to drive down to the US to shop at was supporting them so I doubt I'll be back more than once to let them know why I won't be back again. Also noticed that a dealer of a Canadian industry supported them but I doubt he is a dealer anymore after he was turn in to the Head office in Calgary. I just hope the US producers are also taking note and boycotting some of these places, as I hope there are alot more in the US that don't support the lies of R-CALF than those that do. And these businesses will realize that R-CALF members are not the only ones in their town they are supplying.

Blackfoot Livestock Auction in Blackfoot, Idaho

to Host Debut Fund-Raiser for R-CALF USA

at 1 p.m. MST on Tuesday, March 8

In conjunction with Chet Adams' and Jim Skinner's bull sale, Cole Erb will host a fund-raiser for R-CALF USA at 1 p.m. MST on Tuesday, March 8. The event is Blackfoot Livestock Auction's first to benefit R-CALF USA.

Hub City Livestock (SD) Fundraiser Nets $11,000 for R-CALF

Billings, MT ~ Cattlemen gathered at Hub City Livestock in Aberdeen, SD on February 16 where 70 donors raised more than $11,000 for R-CALF USA.

This is the second time area ranchers Tiny and Betty Hoyle have donated a calf to be sold to raise funds for R-CALF. "It's a super good cause," said the Hoils. "We'll probably do it again in the future. We've got to stand behind R-CALF because it's the organization standing up for us."

Hub City Livestock co-owner Steve Hellwig spoke to the crowd prior to the sale. R-CALF member Ernie Mertz helped organize the rollover auction.

rkaiser said:
:) Any way you could lead me to a list of members Sandhusker? You guys are fun to argue with, but I would sure like to know who I am dealing with when trade with the USA starts up again.

Sorry, Randy, I'm not privy to that information. You'll have to ask potential business partners individally. Maybe you'll have to wear a t-**** that states, "R-CALF members money not good here" or something to that effect. :wink:

I know you're not too shiny on the AMI as well. Are you going to choose not to do business with them?

Sandhusker: "SH, your world is full of liars and deceivers;.."

No Sandhusker, it is the world of R-CALF that is full of lies and deception.

The latest and greatest lie being the safety of Canadian beef. A lie that none of you R-CULT followers can support.

Your problem is that YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Sandhusker: "I contradicted your opinion with information that the GAO said it was a good law."

You never contradicted a damn thing!

All you provided for your position on this issue was a "REPEAT" of Leo's statement that the GAO "SUPPOSEDLY STATED" that "M"COOL was a good law as written. Did you provide the actual GAO statement? HELL NO! You just assumed that Leo knows what he's talking about. All that does is show what a follower you really are.

R-CULT has also been corrected by USDA for misinterpretation, corrected by GIPSA for misinterpretation, and Colorado State University on a misinterpretation of a consumer study regarding Country of Origin labeling.

You think I am going to believe anything Leo says unconditionally???

GET REAL!!!!

The fact remains that the qualifications for the school lunch program and the qualificiations for the U.S. label under "M"COOL ARE NOT THE SAME.

None of your divertionary tactics can change that fact.

You will offer absolutely nothing to contradict that fact.

All you can offer is a repeat of a "supposed" quote that may have been taken out of context.

Sandhusker: "Leo says it is a good law and he is lying."

Leo is offering an opinion by calling "M"COOL a good law. That is not a lie, that is an opinion.

What Leo stated that is untrue is that "M"COOL can be implemented like the school lunch program. That is not true because the qualifications are not the same.

Quote: He [Leo] said the General Accounting Office, the investigations arm for Congress, put out a report in the fall of 2003 that stated that under the country of origin labeling law, the U.S. Department of Agriculture could follow the model of the national school lunch program. That model required imported product to be identified. The balance, by default, would be domestic product."

Quote: "McDonnell said that's the way the law is written and the GAO said it would work.

NO LEO, THAT IS NOT THE WAY THE LAW IS WRITTEN!!!!!

The requirements for origin of Country of Origin Labeling and the School lunch program are not the same.

In the COOL law, to be designated as U.S. origin requires meat products to be from cattle, hogs, and sheep that are born, raised, and slaughtered in the United States. In contrast, USDA's commodity procurement program requires meat products to come from U.S. produced livestock which excludes only imported meat and meat from livestock imported for direct slaughter.

That means that if an animal is born in Canada and fed in the United States, it qualifies for the school lunch program.

If an animal is born in Canada and fed in the United States, it does not qualify for the "born, raised, and slaughtered" designation with "M"COOL.

What Leo stated is not true!

USDA is the enforcement agency here and the wording of each law is in plain English. The qualifications are not the same.

I provided the exact wording of each law that proves the qualifications are not the same.

A fact that you will not contradict.

All you can do is return with some cheesy, "oh, so now you think you know more than the GAO" to which my cheesy response will be, "Oh, so now Leo knows more than the agency that is actually in charge of enforcing this law"????

YOU GOT NOTHING, AGAIN!

~SH~

Sandhusker: "GAO says "good law".

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? WHAT ASPECTS OF THE LAW???

You have no idea if it ("good law") was even said by GAO let alone what aspects of the law they were referring to.

For argument's sake, let's assume they did say it. DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THE GAO LOOKS AT THE SAME THINGS CATTLEMEN ARE LOOKING AT WHEN JUDGING WHETHER OR NOT THIS LAW ACCOMPLISHES WHAT IT SETS OUT TO ACCOMPLISH FOR CATTLEMEN.

"Well golly gee, the British woman's gymnastics team said it was a good law so by golly it must be a good law."

What you and your leaders sink their teeth into as justification to support this flawed law is nothing short of amazing.

The word "DESPERATE" comes to mind!

~SH~

:D I've sold 9 head of cattle throught the conventional market in the past two years; and they all had big Christmas present type bows on their backs to voice my frustration with the hosing we've been getting. Calve out over 200 head of cows, sell 30 to 40 bulls a year and take part in a vertically integrated market. In other words - no - I won't be supporting AMI either. I also think that you Rcalf boys would see your money spent better working on marketing rather than kicking good Canadian producers in the nuts while the AMI has them pinned to the ground.

Aw ****, I didn't realize we were on page two. My post was intended to reply to Sandhusker.

Oh and by the way, thanks for the list.

I'm curious to the source and accuracy of the supposed R-CALF names printed above-- Several are names that "openly" have condemned R-CALF and "publicly" been strong NCBA supporters and anti COOL.... Look closely and I think a couple are posters on this site....

Makes you wonder how many people speak the NCBA talk, but still are supporting R-CALF thru the back door.... Or if the info is all a crock....

Latest posts