• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

M COOL

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
I am writing to thank all Senators for supporting Senate Joint Resolution 4 to prohibit the reopening of the Canadian border on March 7. I believe that much of the stress today in the agricultural industry could be solved by implementing mandatory country of origin labeling (MCOOL). Having listened to the pro/con arguments for MCOOL, I cannot fathom why the administration is so resistant to MCOOL implementation. Oh wait, I can think of one reason… money… I forget that the administration has significant obligations to the packing industry. Please thank your Senator for his continued efforts in support of the cattle industry, and for continued application of logic and wisdom to this issue..............good luck PS I have stated many times I have a neutral position in this border dispute,but I will say we need our export markets back before border opens and M COOL its only fair.
 

Bull Burger

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Location
Fruited Plains of western SD
HAY MAKER said:
I believe that much of the stress today in the agricultural industry could be solved by implementing mandatory country of origin labeling (MCOOL).

MCOOL is a joke. Can you name one industry it has helped?


HAY MAKER said:
Having listened to the pro/con arguments for MCOOL, I cannot fathom why the administration is so resistant to MCOOL implementation.

There is no gain of profit. It's expensive. Added cost=higher priced beef or less $'s paid for cattle.


HAY MAKER said:
Oh wait, I can think of one reason… money… I forget that the administration has significant obligations to the packing industry.


Another HAY MAKER accusation, easily made, but never proven.



.
 

Latest posts

Top