• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MACON: LOOK OUT FOR DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
Dennis is expected to be a category 3 when it gets to the Mobile area on Monday morning. I know you have just recovered from Ivan so I wish you luck but you may need to start boarding up now and avoid the rush. This weekend might be a good time to take that trip to South Dakota.
Good Luck!!!!!

Alabama said:
Dennis is expected to be a category 3 when it gets to the Mobile area on Monday morning. I know you have just recovered from Ivan so I wish you luck but you may need to start boarding up now and avoid the rush. This weekend might be a good time to take that trip to South Dakota.
Good Luck!!!!!

Wish there was some way to steer it west,I would damn near take a "5" as dry as it's been around here .................good luck

Be careful what you wish for there Haymaker. You might just get it. Cindy is on her way through here today with some needed rain. I put out fertilizer last Friday and had a small shower on it but today's rain should get the grass to jumping. I think we could do with out Dennis though. High winds with heavy rains may just be a little too much.

Alabama said:
Be careful what you wish for there Haymaker. You might just get it. Cindy is on her way through here today with some needed rain. I put out fertilizer last Friday and had a small shower on it but today's rain should get the grass to jumping. I think we could do with out Dennis though. High winds with heavy rains may just be a little too much.

Yeah ,well ILL take my chances,this dry spell is rough I look for it to start taking a toll on wild life pretty quick its that dry.IF your luck runs like mine you will probably get a hog drowner and wash all the fertilizer down the creek..................good luck PS IF THAT STORM LOOKS LIKE ITS GONNA HIT YOU WHERE ARE YOU HEADED?

I will ride it out in the basement like all the others I have had.
I got 10 inches on my first fertelizer. I hope this comes slow enough to soak this fertelizer in before it goes down the creek. My banker won't let me put out any more.

Alabama,

Just got the last of the insurance money from Ivan in the mail today. Gotta sell this place. Ten years of hurricanes is enough! We're going to Mexico Saturday to get away from it. Got a bunch of friends that ride them out, but I remember Camille. Hope there's something left when we get back. :x

How did you come out with dennis?
I think they are letting people back on the island this morning with a pass saying you are a home owner. You can get the pass on AL59 at the visitores center.

Had a friend check it out this morning. Lucked out and had very little damage. Didn't even lose power. The steaks in the freezer are still good. Lot better than Ivan. Think I'm going to put a "For Sale" sign in the front yard when we get back. I've had it! :cry:

I worked down there for years and I gave up after Opel. I hope you get a good price for your house. I am also glad the damage was light.
Traffic was at a stand still from Clanton south to Mobile on I-65 yesterday and I understand that I-10 was no better. Things were flowing good this morning though. Be carfull going home.

Alabama said:
I worked down there for years and I gave up after Opel. I hope you get a good price for your house. I am also glad the damage was light.
Traffic was at a stand still from Clanton south to Mobile on I-65 yesterday and I understand that I-10 was no better. Things were flowing good this morning though. Be carfull going home.

Was I-65 southbound - all four lanes?

Latest posts