• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mad Wife Disease

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mad Wife Disease

A guy was sitting quietly reading his paper when
his wife walked up behind him and whacked him
on the head with a magazine.
"What was that for?" he asked.

"That was for the piece of paper in your pants
pocket with the name Laura Lou written on it," she
replied.

"Two weeks ago when I went to the races, Laura
Lou was the name of one of the horses I bet on," he
explained.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry," she said. "I should have
known there was a good explanation.

Three days later he was watching a ballgame on TV
when she walked up and hit him in the head again,
this time with the iron skillet, which knocked him out
cold.

When he came to, he asked, "What the hell was that
for?"

She replied, "Your horse called."

my momma always said that you need two things for a good marriage.....
1. is a cast iron skillet and 2. is a marble rolling pin. But who can pick either of them up after a few years, let alone smack some poor suck in the back of the head. :lol: :oops: :lol: :wink:

HaHa...I'm wonderin if your mama was at my bridal shower (many moons ago) because I got both a marble rolling pin, and an iron skillet. Still have the iron skillet but think the rollin pin went the way of a garage sale years ago (I hated that thang) Love my iron skillet tho.

my wife use's a wooden spoon she tell's my 6 year old son to go get it when I misbehave seems he knows how it feels and wants everyone else to take their turn.

My Dad shaved with a straight razor so Mama always had the razor strop handy. :mad:

My mom may have told me the iron skillet, (which we use went we go camping) and the marble rolling pin, it only takes about 2 rolls with it and yer done, :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: ,but mom used a wooden spoon on me too,(or whatever she could grab,fly swatter, tube of toothpaste,) or she just plain made me go git her " HAIR BRUSH" and set her chair in the middle of the kitchen floor.OUCH!!! :wink: :lol: :( :p

OH and when sent out for a willow or peach switch, dont think if you come in with a "bigger than usual one" that it won't be used on ya!!!!!
(Mr Lilly, speakin from experience)

Now that I've found my overboots: when I was young my folks had a rural contract bus route, which necessitated the 1973 Travelall. One summer we went to town and Mom bought about 6 wooden spoons for some reason. On the way home I got them out of the grocery sack and wedged them in the seat hinge of the trusty I H and just cracked them. The next time we were in "trouble" Mom grabbed a kid in one hand and a wooden spoon in the other, the expected whack was just a thud as the head flew off of the spoon, so she grabbed another "new" one with the same result. The third time was a charm because when she called my Dad's attention to the "defective" spoons he figured the deal out but he couldn't keep his composure, and as we all know your Mom can't beat you when your Dad's laughing. I was still in trouble but nobody got whupped for it.

Latest posts