• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mandatory financial education

Help Support Ranchers.net:

iwannabeacowboy

Reaction score
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/treasury-dept-says-student-debt-crisis-is-so-bad-that-financial-education-should-be-mandatory-for-college-students-2019-06-17

Exactly what fasterhorses sez. I want commie college profs teaching my kids about finance about as much as teaching them about abortion.

Understand the concern of more liberal indoctrination. But there are some good people out there wanting to teach kids, but have been prevented and drove away from doing so.

Seen a good financial adviser go up to talk to graduating classes and do a good job.

Key. is taking the schools back from the commies first.

I agree wannabe, we must take back our schools. We've had to home school our children despite considerable protests from the kids. Dave Ramsey says kids learn from the example set at home. (I've had to use leverage productively even though Ramsey might oppose it)

I listened to a caller on Dr. Laura, wanting to know about sending her kid to private school vs public.
Dr. Laura said bluntly, "if you want to settle for mediocracy, send her to public school."

The school system keeps wanting more and more money from the taxpayers, just like liberals.
They haven't learned to live within a budget.

My father didn't get to finish school (born in 1918) and it always saddened him. When he was young,
attending school was a privilege; now too many kids think it is their RIGHT and they do not respect
the opportunity or understand what it takes to pay for them to get an education (or an indoctrination, as
it seems to be currently).

FH, the education system in the US is the most expensive in the world. The US has the least expensive food, fairly low energy prices, home base for the information revolution and yet we have the most expensive education. For that, about 37th best test scores.

Brad S said:
FH, the education system in the US is the most expensive in the world. The US has the least expensive food, fairly low energy prices, home base for the information revolution and yet we have the most expensive education. For that, about 37th best test scores.

The small town where we lived and ranched was very rural. 1800 population in town, school sports were everything!!
The high school had 6 cruisers to travel all over to play various ball games and track. I heard from a bus driver what all went on on those cruisers, things I never dreamed would happen on a SCHOOL bus. Top players got away with a lot... :(

Latest posts