• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Manitoba_ R- Your bale shredder??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
M_R- Hopefully that's someone else's iron laying on it's side ( we told you to leave your luck behind in 05!!!!). What happened-broken draw pin or busted axle??

That was the result of a broken drawpin. I had jsut got that bale shredder brand new and that was the third day when the pin broke. I had a bale in the tub and one on the forks. When the pin broke she jsut flopped over :shock: :shock: Didnt do much damage to it. Had to replace two bolts that sheered off when it went over on its side.

PPSSSTTT :!: Hey guys haven't you heard! according to the modern day holistic rancher bale shredders are SATIN'S TOOL :evil: Fuel Guzaling Steel Depreciating and make Old cattlemen pot bellied and Lazy. And how will the next generation figure out how to cut twine off of frozen bales :???: P.S. By the way I also have a BALEKING :D :D :D

cowzilla said:
PPSSSTTT :!: Hey guys haven't you heard! according to the modern day holistic rancher bale shredders are SATIN'S TOOL :evil: Fuel Guzaling Steel Depreciating and make Old cattlemen pot bellied and Lazy. And how will the next generation figure out how to cut twine off of frozen bales :???: P.S. By the way I also have a BALEKING :D :D :D

We do too!!! To get the strings off the tops of frozen bales, tip them up on the base, and cut in the frozen area! :lol:

:) To Quote Charlton Heston They'll get my Bale Shredder when they pry it out of my COLD DEAD HANDS :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best way to get the strings off a frozen bale- Dump it into the bale shredder and let it do the work..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Best way to get the strings off a frozen bale- Dump it into the bale shredder and let it do the work..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

While sitting inside a heated cab listening to the stereo..........if we had automatic gate openers a guy wouldn't get any exercise at all! :lol: :lol:
The experts claim less loss in feeders or just unrolling on the ground......either way loses lots .......I like that we're spreading the feed out so everything gets a chance at the feed and we're on fresh ground everyday away from the yards!

We had a Bale King, too. Key word here is "had". We put through many, many bales with it till it finally collapsed and died on us. Rented a Haybuster last spring till the cows went to pasture, and that machine convinced us to buy one this fall. I know of five that were all bought new this year in this area. We'll never go back to a Bale King. I'll tell you guys, once you go yellow, you'll be the happiest fellow!

I have a brandt bale processor and i love it. I can shred all shapes of bales or loose hay. I will never be without a bale shredder now.

I don't have one and don't plan to buy one unroll the hay the same way we did 30 year's ago and the cows still make it to spring in good shape and no payments on useless iron.

cowsense said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

While sitting inside a heated cab listening to the stereo..........if we had automatic gate openers a guy wouldn't get any exercise at all! :lol: :lol:
The experts claim less loss in feeders or just unrolling on the ground......either way loses lots .......I like that we're spreading the feed out so everything gets a chance at the feed and we're on fresh ground everyday away from the yards!
To bad we couldn't get those EXPERTS to open gates and cut frozen twine off the bales :wink: Don't know about you guys but I don't see anymore hay loss with shredder than when I rolled them out with loader. Always use new patch of clean snow and next day there is nothing left but cow turds. Speaking of snow ,getting dumped on today 4 inchs of new powder already forecast more to come :!:

Latest posts