• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Manitobans- a question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I have a question of Manitobans-- I heard on the radio the other day where the Manitoba government is sponsoring an immigration program to get US young people to go to Manitoba to farm and ranch... You have to show you have at least $150,000 available to invest in cattle and equipment and they help you get set up with a place....Said they are trying to build up the population and get idle land under use...

Is there that much unused land sitting around Manitoba that they have to import people to farm it?.........

Maybe if you went real far up north but land around my area is in high demand and the price just keeps going up. Guys are paying upwards of $2500-$3000 per acre for land for potatoes and specialty crops. Even real poor grazing land (8 acres to a cow) runs around $300 an acre.

"Even real poor grazing land (8 acres to a cow"

That is poor grazing land. Then what do you call good grazing land? We run about 22-25 acres a cow and it is going for over $200 lately. :roll:

Then what do you call good grazing land? We run about 22-25 acres a cow and it is going for over $200 lately.

Well, maybe you should come on up. But I warn you its cold. Up here we only have two kinds of weather 9 months of winter and three months of poor sledding.

We don't exactly live the banana belt either, more like the frigid desert.

rancher said:
We don't exactly live the banana belt either, more like the frigid desert.

Oh and Rancher if you ever come up here........it rains in Manitoba, so be prepared in case you have ,nt ever seen rain before.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would just jinx it for you. Would like to see what it looks like though. I posted a reply awhile ago, but one of the black helicopters must have shot it down as it didn't show up here.

rancher said:
I would just jinx it for you. Would like to see what it looks like though. I posted a reply awhile ago, but one of the black helicopters must have shot it down as it didn't show up here.

Wish you would come down and jinx awhile for us! Been raining about every other day for about a month. All-day-long rains too! That dang Haymaker's sending it up here from Texas!

I think I will get a rain magnet and draw it over here. This flu sucks!!!!

rancher said:
I think I will get a rain magnet and draw it over here. This flu sucks!!!!

No No ....You are going about it the wrong way....You got to try a rain dance ...........
reddancer.gif

rancher said:
Where did you get the cute M &M? I want one

Right click on it and it will say save picture save it to your computer.Make sure you don,t save it as a bmp file type .

Do you know how to use photobucket?

nope, can you teach me? While you are at it can you teach me how to use the quote and all the fun stuff listed up above?

Northern Rancher said:
Yeah get these guys up in the interlake with the black flies and mosquitoes you'll see why land is reasonable lol.

I think that may be the reason you don't have to worry about the liberal Hollywood crowd all moving to Canada-- I can't see Paris Hilton or Madonna running around in their skimpy outfits in 40 below or with buzzard sized skeeters eating on them..... :lol:

Latest posts