• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Manufacturing Wages - the myth

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Beef prices haven't been growing at the rate of inflation either. That means that as a percentage of the economy's dollar, the cattle producer gets less.

Sandhusker said:
Am I the only one here who didn't catch Agman answering any of the questions posed to him?

Are you just one more of the people who has not analyzed any of the data? If you have a specific problem with what I presented then have at it. Which person has presented one shred of data to refute my post. There are a ton of opinions but no supporting facts. Did you not take notice of that fact - a mere oversight on your part I must assume?

agman said:
Sandhusker said:
Am I the only one here who didn't catch Agman answering any of the questions posed to him?

Are you just one more of the people who has not analyzed any of the data? If you have a specific problem with what I presented then have at it. Which person has presented one shred of data to refute my post. There are a ton of opinions but no supporting facts. Did you not take notice of that fact - a mere oversight on your part I must assume?

How can your data be analyzed if you just throw some numbers and terms out there and run off? Do we guess your sources? Do we just assume your sources knew what they were talking about? You can count me unconvinced, to say the least. I've seen enough posts of yours that a red flag comes up each time I begin to read one.

Sandhusker said:
agman said:
Sandhusker said:

How can your data be analyzed if you just throw some numbers and terms out there and run off? Do we guess your sources? Do we just assume your sources knew what they were talking about? You can count me unconvinced, to say the least. I've seen enough posts of yours that a red flag comes up each time I begin to read one.

This is just a suggestion, Sandhusker.......why don't you simply quote some sources of your own that refute Agman's data??? No need to worry about whether HIS sources are credible as long as yours are.
Just trying to help, Buddy!!!! :D :D

TimH said:
Sandhusker said:
agman said:

This is just a suggestion, Sandhusker.......why don't you simply quote some sources of your own that refute Agman's data??? No need to worry about whether HIS sources are credible as long as yours are.

If a person refuses to back their statement in any way to even polite requests but instead reverts to "I know more than you do", I don't see why any time needs to be wasted refuting them - they've already destroyed their credibilty.

TimH said:
Sandhusker said:
agman said:

Tim, Agman gave specific figures, no doubt republican talking points. The actual data that is quoted needs to be known so that you can check the assumptions. I posted the dems. response to Agman's analysis. Given the inability of the republicans to get and use intelligence appropriately, the sources of that intelligence needs to be reviewed. That was all we were asking. Agman didn't say it was just his opinion, he was stating it as fact.

I have posted time and time again sources of data so that the basis of the conclusions could be put in perspective. The data from the ERS, the census, other USDA sources etc.

Agman does have a point about manufacturing jobs losing their ability to pay good pay relative to the service sector, but that has come because of the cheaper sources of goods primarily from China that has undercut U.S. manufacturers. That is due to trade policy gone beserk, not because service sector jobs are intrinsically better.

Agman totally sidestepped the issue of the median and the mode in determining average pay. Rod gave an example of that type of analysis and how inaccurate it can be for the new jobs that are created/destroyed.

Agman has been refuted. You must not be intelligent enough to see it.

Sandhusker said:
TimH said:
Sandhusker said:

This is just a suggestion, Sandhusker.......Why don't you simply quote some sources of your own that refute Agman's data??? No need to worry about whether HIS sources are credible as long as yours are.

If a person refuses to back their statement in any way to even polite requests but instead reverts to "I know more than you do", I don't see why any time needs to be wasted refuting them - they've already destroyed their credibilty.

.......scratching my head..... here it is again.....Why don't you simply quote some sources of your own that refute Agman's data??? No need to worry about whether HIS sources are credible as long as yours are.

Bury him with credible,opposing data. You go girl!!!! :) I'm rootin' for ya!!! :D

agman said:
Are you just one more of the people who has not analyzed any of the data?

How can we analyse the data you used to draw your conclusions if you won't post your sources?

And TimH, all I asked Agman was what sort of averages he was using and what definition of service industry he was using. Instead of answering, he reverted to insults and not answering the questions. How can his numbers be checked unless he posts his data sources and assumptions?

Rod

Agman, are these the numbers you used to draw your conclusions? http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrci.htm

If so, you're going to have to help me out here as I can't get your numbers.

Rod

Latest posts