• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March 9, 2010

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
AconcernedwomanofAmerica.jpg

A concerned mother of America
Backingaway.jpg

Backing away
Justgrabtheropeandhangon.jpg

Just grab the rope and hang on
Newbornbaby.jpg

Newborn baby
Slurp.jpg

Slurp :p
Twobuckswithonebang.jpg

Two bucks with one bang
Thedoublewhammy.jpg

The double whammy
Hayitsokay.jpg

Hay, it's okay
Keepinganeyeonheryoungster.jpg

Keeping an eye on her youngster
Eyespy.jpg

Eye spy
Redinbed.jpg

Red in bed
Isthelifeofacowgirlreallyallthatgla.jpg

Is the life of a cowgirl really all that glamorous? :?
Haywaddyatwork.jpg

Hay waddy at work
Stillhandlinghayattheendoftheday.jpg

Still handling hay at the end of the day
Heifersonhayattheendoftheday.jpg

Heifers on hay at the end of the day

when you(i mean Peach :wink: ) catches a two 4 one, how do you(her) know which calf belongs to which cow? or does the calf's tag number not match the cow?

i do like your(her) tagging outfit. :D

I can sure sympathize with Peach's hands... tagging can make them chilly and chapped! I've been getting by good using moisturizing hand sanitizer and Nutrogena's unscented hand cream FWIW :D .

Justin said:
when you(i mean Peach :wink: ) catches a two 4 one, how do you(her) know which calf belongs to which cow? or does the calf's tag number not match the cow?

i do like your(her) tagging outfit. :D

She had her eye on the calf that belonged to one cow, and just lucked out by getting both with one shot. :) The calf's tag number does match the cow's number.

Those wet newborns look shivery! :shock:

Of course, same thing down here, started snowing about 2" ago this evening. :wink:

I sure miss the fun you are having..........I guess once a rancher, always a rancher at heart.

Thanks for great pics!

Justin said:

That's easy Justin! Soap (I mean Peach) just tags the black calf with the same number of the black cow. And then Soap (I mean Peach) tags the other black calf with the number of the other black cow. Simple! :wink: :D

Soap, (I mean Peach :wink: ) on a more serious note, how much snow can that calf catch rig go through before it's time to unhook and just bulldog 'em off the 4 wheeler? Looks like 4-6 inches would stop it, and watch out for any drifts that deep.

Thanks for the pics.
BUT yall could have KEPT the snow. I woke up to 3 inches this morning uugggggg when does it stop??????

OH with all the black cows how do you know which black cow is mom to the red one?????;)

MsSage, I'd say there is about 3 inches of snow here and the morning report from Union Center on the radio is 3-4 inches of new snow and still coming down.

Not snowing at the moment here. 10 inches reported in Shannon Co SD.

Soapweed, I always enjoy your photos. Looks like Peach should take her calf catcher to Sparky's shop for a set of skis.

Latest posts