• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March blizzard 2019

Help Support Ranchers.net:

How short is the hay crop going to be, with lots of flooded meadows?

http://sandhillsexpress.com/local-news/flood-notes-corps-of-engineers-to-increase-releases-from-gavins-point-dam/

We can't buy a rain.
Just an inch of precip in April and north of is not even that and nothing to measure in May and doesn't look like we will get anything as it's to get hot this next week. Sure hope June turns it around or it's going to get ugly.

Big Muddy rancher said:
We can't buy a rain.
Just an inch of precip in April and north of is not even that and nothing to measure in May and doesn't look like we will get anything as it's to get hot this next week. Sure hope June turns it around or it's going to get ugly.

Wish we could share. Our roads are all but impassable, and the meadows and low ground are covered with water. This is the wettest I've ever seen this country in my 67 year life span. Many bridges are out, and not too many miles away there are buildings under water. It's hard to keep in mind the old Sandhills axiom: "We are never over two weeks away from a drought." At the moment, we could maybe go three weeks until the next rain. I hope conditions turn around for you, Big Muddy, so your name will once again be appropriate.

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
We can't buy a rain.

Wish we could share. Our roads are all but impassable, and the meadows and low ground are covered with water. This is the wettest I've ever seen this country in my 67 year life span. Many bridges are out, and not too many miles away there are buildings under water. It's hard to keep in mind the old Sandhills axiom: "We are never over two weeks away from a drought." At the moment, we could maybe go three weeks until the next rain. I hope conditions turn around for you, Big Muddy, so your name will once again be appropriate.

I would glady share with you, too, BMR. We have water standing in the lawn. :shock: Over 2" of rain since yesterday mid-morning
and a lot of rain and snow before that. Had to get the septic tank guy out to check on things since the cap that sticks up in the lawn came off the tank. No problem......yet...caused from all the ground water, he said. It is supposed to rain until 3 pm today and it is coming down hard.

Like Soapweed, I can't remember this much rain in May. It's been a long time since we have had a 3 day rain and
we used to get that in June.

Hope things change for you, BMR. :help:

Nothing a hefty carbon tax and a bunch of "green new deal" goodies wouldn't fix, I'm hearing from Washington.

Latest posts