• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March forth

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
ThefifthgenerationintheSandhills.jpg

The fifth generation in the Sandhills
Goodnesslakesalive.jpg

Goodness lakes alive
Likemotherlikedaughter.jpg

Like mother, like daughter
Fourcowpile-up.jpg

Four cow pile-up
SurehopeIgottherightbaby.jpg

Sure hope I got the right baby
Southwind.jpg

South wind
TheoldLadegardhomestead.jpg

The old Ladegard homestead
Stillwaterdoesntalwaysrundeep.jpg

Still water doesn't always run deep
Unsaddlingattheendoftheday.jpg

Unsaddling at the end of the day

Faster horses said:
Thanks Soapweed. Those pictures were...gosh...what can I say...
some were spiritual even.

What is the nice sorrell horse Brock is riding?

He is a registered Quarter Horse I bought two years from Butch Fanning, at Vetal, South Dakota. I was up that way looking at Angus bulls, and just stopped by Butch's place. He and I have been known to trade horses in the past, so I had to stop and see what he had. This big tall sorrel was in the corral, and I asked him his price. We negotiated and I got the horse. When Brock sold his "Red Eye" Appaloosa horse to Katrina, he took over this sorrel six-year-old, which he calls "Sundance" (a round-about tribute to Butch, the previous owner). :wink:

Good job, as usual Soap.

I bet you just were so happy you couldn't stand it when you saw the "four cow pile up".lol

Reminds me of a time many years ago that my uncle told me about. He was the resident sheep man, and he had sorted off a bunch of sheep that were early lambers. One night it was real cold, so he put them in the barn as he was going to a dance that night. He checked on them in the middle of the night when he got home and he said there was about 15 new lambs and 8-9 ewes that had lambed all in a pile. He said it took him till about daylight to sort it all out, but he never bummed a lamb. God, I bet he just loved that. :wink:

Actually, every cow in the four cow pile-up came up with a calf they call their own. Guess as long as each red cow has a red calf following them, it doesn't really matter if the DNA matches. :wink:

Latest posts