• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March Sightings

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dylan Biggs

Reaction score
Great Horned Owls

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

Horse pics by Jocelyn

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

A Townsend Solitaire, out of it's normal range, had never seen one before.
DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

My first Pronghorn sighting this spring.
DSC_0216.jpg

This goose was in no hurry to get off the road.
DSC_0229.jpg

Walked under the fence and into the water.
DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

Drove to Edmonton a few weeks back, saw this eagle in the ditch picking at a rabbit.
DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Saw this old Bison on the way home.
DSC_0276.jpg

Sunset photo, by Jocelyn
DSC_0519.jpg

Well done once again! I find your wildlife shots especially fascinating, excellent work!

A chap in town nearby here has on display a whole row of bird pics that he has taken. The best, IMHO, is one of a snowy owl just ready to strike a mouse on the snow. Perfectly sharp and clear - full wingspread, talons wide open, about 6 or 8" above the mouse. Wow.

He does a fair business selling framed copies.

Have you sold any of yours?

gcreekrch said:
Well done Dylan, thanks.

Owls always seem to take life far too serious. :lol:

As Spike Van Cleve would have said: "He was as serious as a tree full of owls." :wink:

Great pictures, Dylan. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your photographic labor.

Thems really good
ain't seen a horned owl in ten years i bet
them geese down here allways act like
there is a season on them
and they know when it is

Amazing pictures!! I think you have answered this in the past, but what camera and lens are you using? The owl looks like it is coming right at me!!! Good job!

Glad to have the venue to share.

Burnt, that snowy owl pic sounds fantastic! Re, prints, have not really considered it, don't know how a guy would go about it. I would need some pointers.

LazyWP, I have upgraded, well not really, but my daughter Jocelyn lets me borrow her camera, Nikon D3100, and for most of the shots I had on a Nikon 70-300mm zoom. So thanks to my daughter Jocelyn.

:)

Great shots. :D

The horse pictures got me to thinking, What ever happened to that black horse that came from me. I thought Cory said something about you getting him from Ty?

BMR, I did get him from Ty. Spent a fai bit of time with him, around 80 plus rides. He was pretty solid on the ground but never did get the he77 bent for leather, devil must be after me, spook completely out of him. With my hip replacement surgery I decided he was a horse I would cut my losses on. Gave him to a gal in B.C., told her the whole deal, she was convinced she and her partner could deal with him. Have not heard anything recently.

Dylan Biggs said:
BMR, I did get him from Ty. Spent a fai bit of time with him, around 80 plus rides. He was pretty solid on the ground but never did get the he77 bent for leather, devil must be after me, spook completely out of him. With my hip replacement surgery I decided he was a horse I would cut my losses on. Gave him to a gal in B.C., told her the whole deal, she was convinced she and her partner could deal with him. Have not heard anything recently.

He was big boy. That's the trouble with too many horses and too much other stuff that need looking after,they don't get handled enough when they are younger. He need a job everyday like at a PFRA, I thought Ty would have had lots of miles on him.

BMR, I agree. Unfortunetly Ty fovored the buckskin he was only on the black once I think. Then he was ponying the black horse saddled and a cinch broke.......quite a run away I heard. So in the end a bit of a handicap history.

Great pictures,,, I really like the owl pictures, we don't have those here in our country that I know of, and I'm always excited to see"mustang" pictures.
:D :D :D Keep them coming.

mustang said:
Great pictures,,, I really like the owl pictures, we don't have those here in our country that I know of, and I'm always excited to see"mustang" pictures.

We have horned owls out here Mustang. Not many but they are around.

leanin' H said:
mustang said:

We have horned owls out here Mustang. Not many but they are around.

Can I get a picture ? :) Just one of the many things I am eager to see and get pictures of, in your back yard. Did you get an e-mail from me last week?

Great pictures! Keep them coming. Funny thing about getting prints made. My wife wants to put three framed pictures in our room for a headboard. I recommended head shots of three of our herd sires. She wasn't as amused as I was.

North Ridge Ranching said:
Great pictures! Keep them coming. Funny thing about getting prints made. My wife wants to put three framed pictures in our room for a headboard. I recommended head shots of three of our herd sires. She wasn't as amused as I was.
:)

Latest posts